UFC should not be live........

You are silly.

Taped-delayed PPV events are box office poison. It is one of the many reasons Pride gets about 3% of the UFC's televised audience.

I guess that's why UFC is outdrawing Pride on PPV buys by about 10-1 eh Orcus.

Ninja U crazzzyyyyy

Or they could simply put more fights in while still having it live. SO much time is wasted on talking and advertising during the shows.

This just in...... They show Pride live in Japan.

I agree 10000%

Who gives a shit if it is actually "live" or not?

A day or two tape delay would not make any difference (if you keep your ass off the computer and watch it NOT knowing any results. A week or two tape delay is too damn long IMO. A day or two is perfect!!

They would have time to edit out all the BS

Excellant thread!!!!

i agree with showing more fights

I was under the impression Pride was a failure here because only those 3000 hardcore are even aware of its existence, whereas UFC has had a decade of PPVs, the early ones having gotten 200,000 buys or whatever, and guys that even semi-casual fans recognize (your Shamrocks, Ortizes, etc).

You really think a significant number of people don't buy it because it's not live? Unless you're one of the tiny handful that frequent sites like this, you're not going to know the results or even be aware that it has already happened. It's not like the results are on the news or in the paper like with other sporting events like boxing, football, etc.

Whatever; I guess I'm in the minority. Personally, I'd rather watch the fights on Saturday instead of Friday if it meant 3 more fights, no awkward commentary to kill time between fights, and no lame celebrity shots and "interviews".

What me made post is becuase of the next UFC card.9 great fights too bad we'll only see 5.

LIVE.

There is no substitute.

they could show the first 1 live and the repeats could b edited for showing all fights. rich fans might order twice.....

You know you can get actual pay per view buy numbers from the Nevada State Athletic Commission. You might find a big surprise in the actual disparity in who has how many pay per view buys. Just a thought. I love all the pay per view shows live or not!

I think they did it exactly right last UFC, where they planned for the fights to go longer, but when they didn't, they showed the matches they weren't going to show.

And definitely live or a small tape delay. Watching Pride two days after it has happened always seems kind of lame. I mean, going crazy about shit that has been over for two days just feels lame. I mean, if they showed the Super Bowl on even just tape delay, it would be the lamest thing ever. How come it wouldn't be the same with UFC? That is part of the difference - it is a US production and shown on US time.