UFC should've had Liddell vs Forrest Griffin

I could be wrong but I think this matchup would be amazing to watch. Forrest has a fast forward aggressive style and likes to use a variety of strikes in his attack. He so far is not known as a big one punch ko artist, so its likely this fight could go into the later rounds where he may have a big advantage. Chuck has an advantage in the wrestling and would likely be able to keep it standing the entire fight. I could see Forrest wearing Chuck out with his long range leg kicks, but this would still be the fight I'd pay to see if Chuck will give us one last appearence in the octagon.

I hear birds chirping. maybe I should go outside smoke a joint and enjoy this beautiful day!

Agreed this would be a great and marketable fight. Forrest doesn't have the one punch knockout power which I think is the kind of fight Chuck needs right now.

UFC thought Shogun was gonna gas like he did vs Coleman.

Forrest is a workhorse, who beat Rampage.

From UFC's perspective, Forrest was a much harder fight.

They wanted to use Shoguns big name to propel Chuck.

Shogun had other plans.

Shogun had pinpoint accuracy on that hook there, very impressive

VectorWega - 
BrazilianBomber - UFC thought Shogun was gonna gas like he did vs Coleman.

I doubt that.  Chuck doesn't push the pace or grapple enough in his fights to make anyone gas.  They just thought Chuck was a bad matchup for Shogun Stylistically.  They didn't expect his chin to be made of cream cheese.
Its not the chin that hurt him, its the reflexes and reactions after getting hit. In both the Shogun and Rampage fight, Chuck chose to immediately try working to the knees instead of pulling guard and trying to recover. I'm not saying it would have worked better for him, but its possible

newbloodmma -  I hear birds chirping. maybe I should go outside smoke a joint and enjoy this beautiful day!

Sounds like a good option

BrazilianBomber - UFC thought Shogun was gonna gas like he did vs Coleman.

Forrest is a workhorse, who beat Rampage.

From UFC's perspective, Forrest was a much harder fight.

They wanted to use Shoguns big name to propel Chuck.

Shogun had other plans.

Using Shogun's "big" name to propel Chuck?  That doesn't make any sense. I love Shogun but one was relatively unknown and one is the most famous person the sport as ever seen. I think they were trying to put together a great match up and it was a big opportunity for both guys. Great fight, props to both and congrats to Mauricio for the huge win. I hope he gets back in the title picture asap.