UFC signs former RIZIN LHW champ Jiri Prochazka

https://twitter.com/MikeLovesTacosX/status/1217595195790962688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
4 Likes

Holy shit. Great signing. Interested to see who he gets first. 

1 Like

This should be good for the 205 lb division.

Lots of challenges for Jones right now.

Nice, that is one of if not the best LHW's outside of the UFC. Hopefully they can sign more top LHW and HWTs this year. 

1 Like

This can get interesting

Nice!

StrikingMMA - This should be good for the 205 lb division.

Lots of challenges for Jones right now.

The division is as weak as it’s been in a decade or more. 

I shamefully didn't know how this guy was. After watching his recent 3 fights, he should be a fine addition to the division. It looks like he is strong in the clinch, good take down defense, and a somewhat dynamic and powerful striker. Seems like he doesn't mind getting hit and he doesnt really check leg kicks. Will the cage make a difference in his performance? I'm assuming he will get a top 15 guy?

Looky -

I shamefully didn't know how this guy was. After watching his recent 3 fights, he should be a fine addition to the division. It looks like he is strong in the clinch, good take down defense, and a somewhat dynamic and powerful striker. Seems like he doesn't mind getting hit and he doesnt really check leg kicks. Will the cage make a difference in his performance? I'm assuming he will get a top 15 guy?

With a record like his I would want him to get a name opponent or a ranked guy. I saw a video of Gus training the other day and there were rumors of him making a return. I think that would be a good marketable fight. 

Let's wait to see if he can beat USADA first 

Nice, I can see him beating the likes of Smith and Walker but not Santos. 

AnotherTMAguy -

Nice, I can see him beating the likes of Smith and Walker but not Santos. 

So he's top 5 then? Walker being 11 and Smith being 3 as per UFC rankings. I don't know if i saw that in the fights I watched. Not to say he was beating up cans, but he certainly wasn't facing anyone in the top 15 or even 25.

RichardGere'sMissingGerbil -
Looky -

With a record like his I would want him to get a name opponent or a ranked guy. I saw a video of Gus training the other day and there were rumors of him making a return. I think that would be a good marketable fight. 

Give him a warm up before somebody like Gus. That could totally derail your new signing in one fight... 

moogin83 -
RichardGere'sMissingGerbil -
Looky -

Give him a warm up before somebody like Gus. That could totally derail your new signing in one fight... 

He's coming off of two losses and was already inconsistent before that. I think he'd be a good measuring stick for us to find out just how good Jiri is. If they went with someone lower in the rankings they could do Shogun or Jacare.

Huge signing and much needed talent at 205.

1 Like
Attila -

Huge signing and much needed talent at 205.

Looks like they are giving the LHW division the boost it needs. I just saw they also signed the Cage Warriors LHW champ to the roster.

Nice. I was wondering if they would get around to signing him.  Great fighter.  Gonna have some real competition at lightheavyweight  

Thought Bellator would sign him for Bader at 205? Problem is that Coker did not like him because he was not Over 40 and can still walk...

Good for UFC