UFC sign's rapist*, assault battery & child abuser

Carson's Corner radio show - 

Do you want to be a fuckin' fighter? It's not all barricading doors and bangin' broads!

Seriously though, the UFC should not be hiring someone with his background for a low-level fight. Even just from a business standpoint (which is what the UFC cares about), seens like too much of a potential liability. With what he's been accused and in some cases convicted of already, does this guy need to be getting punched in the head by heavyweights?

"Does this guy need to be getting punched in the head by heavyweights?"

By the sounds of things thats exactly what he needs, repeatedly.

Peyton=GOAT - 
Bojack Horseman - 
Matt Mitrione - 
Bojack Horseman - He's a cage fighter I don't expect them to have clean backgrounds.you have to be at least a little crazy to do mma.
^ ^ ^ ^That's it right there! The dumbest shit I've seen on the interwebs all week! Congratulations, you're an idiot! Phone Post 3.0

Or a failed football player... No need to be mean Matt or rude it's the truth like you haven't met a number of crazy people in mma. Good luck with the ufc career and hope the eyes okay. Ps don't be a dikk.

Failed football player vs failed at life?

I think he has you beat fat boy.

The real insult was me reading that bland generic garbage of an insult white knight post you thought was clever. Loser and fat boy on the net. Those have never been used before. Very hurtful. Especially coming from Peyton=goat because thats not gay at all.

Bojack Horseman - 
Matt Mitrione - 
Bojack Horseman - He's a cage fighter I don't expect them to have clean backgrounds.you have to be at least a little crazy to do mma.
^ ^ ^ ^That's it right there! The dumbest shit I've seen on the interwebs all week! Congratulations, you're an idiot! Phone Post 3.0

Or a failed football player... No need to be mean Matt or rude it's the truth like you haven't met a number of crazy people in mma. Good luck with the ufc career and hope the eyes okay. Ps don't be a dikk.

I agree with you 100%, these are cage fighters, let not forget that.

These guys life amounted to climbing into a cage and punching each other, in most cases, loading up on drugs leading up to the barbaric encounter, and lying and cheating their way to whatever advantage they can gain. It's so bad, Zuffa had to bring in USADA in order to at least appear to care about cleaning things up.

The biggest star in all of professional cage fighting as an admitted domestic abuser, who while leaving out of her car, popping pills, and washing them down with Vodka, would beat up boys for coffee money. This is the face and biggest star in the company. No issues from UFC brass.

The very best of the best in the entire company went on a hit and run, drug induced binge, and was missing for days, while felony warrants went out for his arrest. Upon his return, immediate title shot, seemingly no sanctions from UFC brass

I just watch a 48 hours on famed UFC pioneer Joe Son, doing 18 years for fucking a girl in her mouth, her ass, torturing her, and leaving her for dead. He's due to be tried for murdering his cell mate. I have not heard any response from UFC, but perhaps it's out there. I don't subscribe to fight pass, but I imagine you can watch him compete for $9.

War Machine, made famous on the UFC reality show Now sits in a Las Vegas jail. What ever happened with his trial? I don't know how that one turned out, but it didn't look good for him when I last heard.

And the list of liars, , cheaters, drug abusers, child molesters, murderers, rapists, etc. goes on and on.

These are for the most part uneducated guys who can't do anything else. We're talking about people from the lowest depths of society coming together to be in a cage fight league. Should we really raise an eye brow when a racist or a child abuser gets signed? Lets not pretend like the promoters care one bit, this is prize fighting.

My opinion, this is exactly who should be fighting in a cage for scraps. The guys who have no brains or talent to succeed elsewhere. That's who should be fighting. I'd like to see recruitment straight from prisons. Felons, convicts, bar bruisers, bikers, cholos, black gang members, etc. Dan says it himself when his weigh ins are out of control and there's zero professionalism, he says "They're fighters".

What do you guys expect?

scourge - 
DalyDentedDecimated'sDome - 
scourge - Well, they are putting a rapist in their new video game, so...

? who zat

Mike Tyson

"My dick was impeccable, her vagina was penetrable."

In all seriousness though, is there any other convicted rapist as loved as Mike Tyson?

NastyNate420 -
scourge - 

? who zat

Mike Tyson

In all seriousness though, is there any other convicted rapist as loved as Mike Tyson?
Probably not, but it would vary majorly case to case. Theres just so many details in his case that lead the majority to believe that he is innocent. Phone Post 3.0

SCH = sad but true

If the guy doesn't seem to be a dick now, and is worthy of a shot in the UFC, then why doesn't he get a chance? They'll probably promote his rehab if he does well. Phone Post 3.0

These are exactly the kkind of guys I want to see fighting in a cage.

SinCityHustler - These are exactly the kkind of guys I want to see fighting in a cage.

qft

this thread got weird

Bojack Horseman -
Matt Mitrione - 

Point is, you needn't a history of criminal activity to be a fighter. Most don't have one. The fact that that is almost an expectation for you and not surprising or disappointing is a shame given that's what you have come to expect. I don't know if that speaks worse for the sport or if that speaks worse for you and your acceptance of such an antiquated perception. Crazy, sure. Wild seed, yup. Insatiably competitive, uh huh. But criminal background, nah, not so much. Phone Post 3.0

Bojack Horseman - 
Matt Mitrione - 

Are you retarded? This guy didn't get into a he said she said, he's gone through the court system like a fucking endless amount of times. I'm sure he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when he raped that girl, broke that kid's ankle at a house party, knocked out those dude's and curb stomped another house party's parents, repeatedly broke house arrest, and continued to accrue assault charges.

All of those were just wrong place wrong time, oh, and they helped sharpen him as a cage warrior lol

Hmmm, I wonder why meathead (A CAGE FIGHTER) would take offense to you implying it's the norm for a cage fighter to be a psychopath

Matt Mitrione - 
Bojack Horseman -
Matt Mitrione - 

Point is, you needn't a history of criminal activity to be a fighter. Most don't have one. The fact that that is almost an expectation for you and not surprising or disappointing is a shame given that's what you have come to expect. I don't know if that speaks worse for the sport or if that speaks worse for you and your acceptance of such an antiquated perception. Crazy, sure. Wild seed, yup. Insatiably competitive, uh huh. But criminal background, nah, not so much. Phone Post 3.0

You sure you don't have a collection of skins somewhere that we don't know about?

Bojack Horseman - 
Big_Data - 
Bojack Horseman - He's a cage fighter I don't expect them to have clean backgrounds.you have to be at least a little crazy to do mma.

I don't expect them to have clean backgrounds either, but he's clearly unstable. 

A lot of fighters are unstable though I can list names all day... I could have told you mayhem wasn't all there when he was still fighting in pit fighting championships for oyama. Crazy horse too Chris leban obviously doesn't have an issues. Anderson openly talking about how close he came to shot gunning coach Cordero is normal behavior as well. Junie browning isn't crazy at all. Rory talking about how him getting beat up pretty badly then saying it was the best night of his life seems normal as well. Theres a lot of unstable characters not only fighters in MMA I didn't know this was such a secret.

Undoubtedly, but you implied criminal insanity is not only a positive, but a prerequisite.

Not to mention, this type of crazy ain't the good kind that made GSP work 7 days a week or Fedor laugh off grievous injuries and challengers.

This isn't Rory Mac trying to turn a beat down into a positive by being an absolute badass, this is a guy repeatedly preying on and assaulting people weaker than him. It's one thing to say crazy in a Sakuraba fighting 3 200lbsers in a day while smoking cigars, and another thing to imply MMA is filled with Casie Anthony's

...it certainly has a lot of nutjob Crazy Horses or Lebens, but so does every sport. NFL, basketball and Hockey are rape n stab central for chrissakes, and I still wouldn't suggest those are traits helping make Kobe or Kane badass mother fuckers

NastyNate420 -
scourge - 

? who zat

Mike Tyson

That bitch was out for a pay day. Leave Mike alone. He is a sweet boy. Phone Post 3.0

NastyNate420 - 
scourge - 

? who zat

Mike Tyson

Michael Jackson.

Even with a shallow division, he'll be out of the UFC in two fights. The guy can can fight some, but he won't beat be able to be the guys at this level. He'll be gone not long after everyone has forgotten about all of this.

LTL - *Alleged

New UFC signing's troubled past includes rape charge, battery and child abuse conviction

New Mexico-based heavyweight Cody East recently signed with the UFC after winning a Legacy FC bout in front of Dana White, but there has been plenty of controversy surrounding East's numerous violent criminal charges over the past 11 years.

The UFC recently added another heavyweight to its roster in Legacy FC's Cody East. He's reportedly scheduled to fight Walt Harris on the preliminary card of UFC 197: Cormier vs. Jones 2 on April 23rd. "The Freight Train" has been in the pros since May 2008, compiling a 12-1 record, with 11 of his victories by either knockout or submission, and his 40 second TKO of Kevin Asplund on February 5th will soon be featured on Dana White's "Lookin' For a Fight" series.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/26/11111414/mma-news-new-ufc-signing-cody-east-troubled-past-includes-rape-assault-child-abuse

LTL,

Please find below  an update on this story and the UFCs statement on this matter

Friday, Bloody Elbow published an article on the criminal history of recent UFC signing Cody East, a 12-1 heavyweight out of New Mexico. The former high school wrestling champion was signed following a 40 second knockout win at Legacy FC 51, which was filmed by the "Lookin' For a Fight" crew, with UFC president Dana White in attendance. East was acquitted of a 2005 rape as a minor (while still in high school), but was sentenced to 3 years in prison and 5 years probation after a jury found him guilty of 3 counts of third-degree felony child abuse and 1 count of misdemeanor battery stemming from a 2007 underage drinking party at his home.

Jason House, Cody East's manager, responded to the article, saying that "the UFC conducted an extensive background check on Cody before offering him the opportunity to compete in the UFC."
Bloody Elbow contacted the UFC on Thursday, receiving a response on Friday with a full statement, including details on their independent investigation into East and their decision to sign him.
"From the beginning, Mr. East was very upfront with UFC regarding his past. In light of Mr. East's history, UFC had an independent investigation conducted into his past and current behavior. Included in the investigation was a response from East's former probation officer supporting his opportunity to compete in UFC and commenting that he would in fact be a good candidate. As a result of the investigation, and with the understanding that Mr. East had successfully completed many months of rehabilitation and counseling, UFC felt comfortable offering Mr. East the opportunity to compete in UFC."

One notable fighter who was denied a UFC contract for criminal history is Devin Cole, whose planned 2012 signing to fight Travis Browne was nixed due to a 2008 guilty plea for fourth-degree assault and sexual harassment charges. More recently, the UFC released featherweight Will Chope one day before a 2014 fight vs. Diego Brandao after a Bleacher Report investigation revealed he'd received a bad conduct discharge from Air Force in 2009 for domestic violence against his ex-wife. Dana White later noted that while the UFC "will give guys second chances", sponsorship and television partners may not see it the same way.
On the flip side, the UFC signed Abel Trujillo in 2012 despite twice pleading guilty to domestic abuse charges several years prior to his signing. Light heavyweight contender Anthony Johnson pleaded no contest to a 2009 misdemeanor domestic violence charge while under UFC contract in 2010, and was indefinitely suspended pending the result of a civil case against him in 2014 for domestic violence, but the suspension was lifted after the case was dismissed.
Cody East, whose probation ended in March 2015, is expected to make his Octagon debut on April 23rd against Walt Harris on the UFC 197 preliminary card.
http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/27/11125064/ufc-statement-independent-investigation-conducted-cody-east-criminal-background-mma-news

xaeo - 
NastyNate420 -
scourge - 

? who zat

Mike Tyson

Probably not, but it would vary majorly case to case. Theres just so many details in his case that lead the majority to believe that he is innocent. Phone Post 3.0

He has also admitted to Domestic Violence.

But then again, who wouldn't want to punch Robin Givens? I kid, I kid.

LTL - *Alleged

New UFC signing's troubled past includes rape charge, battery and child abuse conviction

New Mexico-based heavyweight Cody East recently signed with the UFC after winning a Legacy FC bout in front of Dana White, but there has been plenty of controversy surrounding East's numerous violent criminal charges over the past 11 years.

The UFC recently added another heavyweight to its roster in Legacy FC's Cody East. He's reportedly scheduled to fight Walt Harris on the preliminary card of UFC 197: Cormier vs. Jones 2 on April 23rd. "The Freight Train" has been in the pros since May 2008, compiling a 12-1 record, with 11 of his victories by either knockout or submission, and his 40 second TKO of Kevin Asplund on February 5th will soon be featured on Dana White's "Lookin' For a Fight" series.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/2/26/11111414/mma-news-new-ufc-signing-cody-east-troubled-past-includes-rape-assault-child-abuse

How many of those 12 wins were against women?

But hasn't Abe Trujillo been convicted of woman-beating - twice?