UFC STACKED. Is it?

Another thread got me thinking about this card. UFC is calling this event STACKED. Is it really stacked? Does every fight have at least one great fighter if not two?

Now, you can all call me a Pride nuthugger, but just read:

Let me give you a list of NAMES that fought in Bushido 9.

Paulo Filho, Murilo Bustamante, Dan Henderson, Ryo Chonan, Phil Baroni, Ikuhisa Minowa, Masanori Suda, Mishima, Charles Bennett, Hayato Sakurai, Jens Pulver, Joachim Hansen, Yves Edwards, Takanori Gomi, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Luiz Azerado, and Akihiro Gono.

Now. Just read that list please. That is ONE FUCKING EVENT.

Not good enough? How about this event, Pride Shockwave 2006. Look at these NAMES:

Fedor Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, Minotauro Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Hidehiko Yoshida, Takanori Gomi, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Gilbert Melendez, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Mauricio Shogun Rua, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Shinya Aoki, Yuki Kondo, Akihiro Gono, Joachim Hansen, Minowa, and Tamura.

LOOK AT THE FUCKING NAMES. Again, its one event.

No one here is fucking jock riding or nut hugging. Its fact, compare your SHITTY UFC "STACKED" card to these names.

How can you say that the UFC is a better event? How? HOW?

i dont know how you can call it shitty man- what a tool

I have been saying this for a long time.

I always feel like a fool for even mentioning Pride/UFC in the same sentence because it's just wrong.

BUSHIDO GP, MW GP 2003, SHOCKWAVE 2004,5,6

UFC has never come close and never will.

Pride is dead but it's rotting corpse is more stacked than UFC events.

who are you talking to Kakkarotto san?

73 is a damn good card.

you got a blue nam kak, you can figure out that there are 300 threads
with the exact same title. Go buy the Pride DVD and don't buy stacked.

Yes, Pride held some great events, I don't think anyone can deny that. But they weren't all of this quality so why do you expect all UFC events to be that good?

Pride also held less events annually than the UFC does, here's another way to compare the two events.

Take a period of a year, count the number of events, the number of fights, the number of names with star power, the number of top 10 fighters, the number of ridiculous freak fights, the number of mismatches.

Compare all of these things (and maybe a few more) then you have something resembling a case for one promotion or the other.

DROC

You post-PRIDE fans need to just have yourselves a circle jerk once a week or something and quit living in the past, it's the only way you're going to get over the bitter truth that Pride was run like shit and that's why it NO LONGER EXISTS!

This is so moronic it hurts. Apparently if a UFC card calls itself "stacked" and does not live up to what are possibly the 2 best MMA cards of all time, we should all fucking riot and file lawsuits against Zuffa.

Seriously, it's a very good card. Please shut the fuck up already.

and then you have your PrideFC cards with Henry Miller, Giant Silva, Dos Caros, and The Smiling Killer.

^ what he said

"Fedor Emelianenko, Josh Barnett, Minotauro Nogueira, Mark Hunt, Hidehiko Yoshida, Takanori Gomi, Mitsuhiro Ishida, Gilbert Melendez, Tatsuya Kawajiri, Mauricio Shogun Rua, Kazuhiro Nakamura, Shinya Aoki, Yuki Kondo, Akihiro Gono, Joachim Hansen, Minowa, and Tamura."

I would say that Yoshida, Kondo, Gono, Minowa and Tamura are not "great" fighters by any stretch. As far as I'm concerned, Nakamura isn't, either. Just because you're more familiar with them because they fight on every Pride card doesn't make them great.

Nakamura is good.

this card will be good

I have flown to Japan to watch Pride, hell I saw Pride 1 as it was happening. I loved Pride more than anyone on here.

But really people, the UFC will put on 25 cards this year.

1. Thats a hell of a lot more than 6 Prides and 4 Bushidos.

And lets not forget, there were some Prides that were just bloody aweful. Mismatches and last minute booking. I loved watching it, but I knew it could not last forever.

If the UFC wanted to go out of business, they could book half of the big names stars on 1 card, then the other half on the other, and repeat this over and over again.

Pride killed themselves with that business model.

Why ask the UFC to do the same?

because there a few who want them to fail.

WTF?...are you that concerned about the "name" of the card? Does it keep you up at night?

When is Pride's next event?

Thought so.

I guess the bashing of UFC 72 was justified.

With the great fights set up for 73,74 and 75, I thought we could have a few months where people wouldn't whine about how the UFC cards are.

Thanks to Pride nuthuggers, I was wrong. :(

haha true- they'll never let it die!

It's about time somebody started this thread.

I was beginning to wonder if anyone would ever post a thread questioning whether this event was really "stacked" or not, especially in comparison to Shockwave events and Bushido 9.