ufc starts a flyweight division whos top 5

RickMartelsArrogance - Cruz2ninjafoya is seriously one of the most delusional posters UG has EVER seen.

I'm an Uncle Creepy fan but Mighty Mouse would starch Ian McCall and it wouldn't even be close.

You're an idiot LOL Phone Post

When the dust clears, Benavidez will be #1.

You realize that McCall also lost to Cruz, right?

Jason Reinhardt is fighting at 125 next.

So he will be back in the UFC. Phone Post

RickMartelsArrogance - Cruz2ninjafoya is seriously one of the most delusional posters UG has EVER seen.

I'm an Uncle Creepy fan but Mighty Mouse would starch Ian McCall and it wouldn't even be close.

Indisagree with you completely, your entitled to your opinion but that's not gonna happen. Phone Post

Flyweights will be used for the UFC japan show.

Jorgenson Phone Post

Thanks to everyone on here that put me as #1. Thanks useless for the props people don't understand the cut.

I wouldn't care who my opponent is i respect em all. But that belt will be mine. Phone Post

sside maurice - You realize that McCall also lost to Cruz, right?

A lot can happen in 3 years my friend. A lot! Phone Post

chuckles1 - TTT for uncle creepy. Future UFC 125 champ! Phone Post

Thanks dude u bet ur ass this is a true statement!!!! Phone Post

Cruz2ninjafoya - Ian McCall would honestly beat benevidez and mighty mouse as well. Top 5 flyweights will probably be Ian,MM, Joe b, and maybe Alexis villa or will campuzano Phone Post

Really? Campuzano? I would now consider him close to top 5 at 125. Phone Post

JTA420 -
Cruz2ninjafoya - Ian McCall would honestly beat benevidez and mighty mouse as well. Top 5 flyweights will probably be Ian,MM, Joe b, and maybe Alexis villa or will campuzano Phone Post

Really? Campuzano? I would now consider him close to top 5 at 125. Phone Post

I'll let u know after decemeber 2nd ;) but honestly ranking anyone as a top flyweight that has not fought at 125 Is funny to me. We will all see soon enough when everyone drops who's the top flyweight, I don't see me losing either ;$ Phone Post

No worries ian, you earned it and deserved it. Until someone beats you, your still number 1. See you in dec Phone Post

Uncle Creepy -  

Ian, how would you prefer the 125lb UFC title be crowned?  Standard Tournament?  Tournament on Tuf?  just have 2 guys fight for it and set up contenders based on rankings? or?...    

It's got to be Uncle Creepy.

As much as I like Benavidez and Might Mouse, they haven't earned the right to be ranked at flyweight. McCall has. I think both guys stand a very good chance against Ian, but until they prove they can make the cut, they can't be ranked above him.

Jorgensen, Mighty Mouse & Benevidez will be the top 3 guys at 125 then there is a big drop off to guys like McCall and daSilva IMHO

you guys can talk about not ranking guys who haven't fought at 125 yet but they are ONLY fighting at 135 because there ISNT a real 125lb weight class that anyone cares about.....jorgensen, mighty mouse and benevidez are perfectly built for 125 and the weight cut won't be an issue. Those 3 are head and shoulders above anyone who is or will be fighting at 125 for the immediate future

MMALOGIC -  The 2 best flyweights in the world are benavidez and mighty mouse.

Haha, what? How exactly did you arrive at that decision?

Until the UFC makes a move, the best flyweights in the world are undoubtedly on the Tachi Palace Fights roster along with Alexis Vila (Bellator @ BW) and Yasuhiro Urushutani (Shooto).

TPF has a lock on the global flyweight talent with McCall (arguably #1 in the world along with Urushutani), Formiga, Mamoru, Montague, and Useless.

2 guys on the current TUF show are close to top 10 in Dodson and Gaudinot.

Tommy Gunnz - Jorgensen, Mighty Mouse & Benevidez will be the top 3 guys at 125 then there is a big drop off to guys like McCall and daSilva IMHO

you guys can talk about not ranking guys who haven't fought at 125 yet but they are ONLY fighting at 135 because there ISNT a real 125lb weight class that anyone cares about.....jorgensen, mighty mouse and benevidez are perfectly built for 125 and the weight cut won't be an issue. Those 3 are head and shoulders above anyone who is or will be fighting at 125 for the immediate future

Historically, guys who are successful at a higher weight don't automatically perform even better or earn an elite ranking in a lower weight class.

I'm not saying those guys wouldn't be a force at 125, but it's kinda silly to laugh off the existing pack of flyweights because you think guys who don't/have never competed in the weight class would just show up and run shit.

At the post fight press conference they asked MM about 125 and he said that he is happy at 135 and he thinks he can be champ there.

Im not saying that JosephB, MM, and Jorgenson dont have the skills cause they are super talented and gifted. But until they fight at 125s and perform than you cant rank them in the division. The cut to 125s sucks, trust me I know. That has a huge factor in it.

And the reason why MM and JoeB are so good at 135s is because they use their speed very well. They are 2 of the faster guys a 135s but at 125s they wont be the fastest guys.

And if you guys insist on ranking guys who never fought at 25s cause they look like they can make weight than you would have to rank Charlie Valencia above McCall since he beat him already. Yeah it was at 35s but they could have easily made 25s. Phone Post