UFC to buy WCF?

mmajunkie.com says that the wcf is having dana white at their event as a "special guest".

isn't dana white the one who's very critical of smaller shows and say they don't matter? it doesn't make sense why he would attend, unless maybe zuffa was thinking about buying them out.

pure speculation, but it seemed possible

I read the article within the last few minutes and had the exact same assumption.

isn't dana white the one who's very critical of smaller shows and say they don't matter?

No, he's always said the small shows are important for developing talent, and the sport as a whole.

It's the shows that position themselves as direct competitors that he slams.

timbo, you are correct, my mistake

Dana White was at a Total Combat not too long ago so I doubt it. Could be just scouting for upcoming TUF seasons or looking to sign someone.

or perhaps getting Dana to be in attendance will help sell tickets? It is also possible that smaller shows are content with being just that, a smaller show. They probably do it for the love of the sport.

I am also a firm believer in a farming system for all sports. You need people to start off somewhere, and then build up. Baseball has their minor league systems, soccer has leagues with age restrictions, football and basketball have colleges as their farming systems (HS for basketball too).

The UFC is the bigs for intents and purposes, at least in the US so far. I doubt they are going to buy WCF

dana's a friend of the promoter of wcf