UFC to hold 2 events on May 31

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/03/ufc-heads-to-berlin-for-ufc-fight-night-41-part-of-dual-event-day-on-may-31/

UFC heads to Berlin for UFC Fight Night 41, part of dual-event day on May 31

The UFC will apparently host two international shows on two continents on May 31.

UFC officials today announced it’ll head to Germany for the third time in company history when the O2 World Berlin plays host to a show on May 31.

The event, likely to be UFC Fight Night 41, marks the UFC’s debut in the German capital.

It’s also the same day a Brazilian event with a Wanderlei Silva vs. Chael Sonnen headliner, likely to serve a live finale for “The Ultimate Fighter: Brazil 3,” takes place at a city TBA.

Fight card information, as well as broadcast/streaming details, for UFC Fight Night 41 will be announced in the coming weeks, though UFC Fight Pass is likely to play some part.

Tickets start at €50 and go on sale to the general public on April 4. UFC Fight Club members get a pre-sale period beginning April 2, and UFC.com e-newsletter subscribers can buy tickets on April 3.

“We are incredibly excited to announce this event, and it is fantastic news for the many UFC fans throughout Germany and the rest of Europe,” stated Executive Vice President and Managing Director of UFC EMEA Garry Cook. “We are delighted to be returning to Germany in May and visiting Berlin for the first time. Germany is one of the leading world superpowers in sport and to be able to host a UFC Fight Night to our passionate German fans will be an honor.”

The organization held its first German event in 2009 with UFC 99 in Cologne, where Rich Franklin defeated Wanderlei Silva in the pay-per-view headliner. A year later, despite increasing criticism from German media, Oberhausen played host to UFC 122 and Yushin Okami’s win over Nate Marquardt in the Spike TV-televised headliner.

Back in October, UFC officials unveiled an ambitious 2014 European event schedule. Berlin was announced as a likely stop.

For more on UFC Fight Night 41, stay tuned to the UFC Rumors section of the site.

Over saturation is fun Phone Post

what is the benefit for them instead of being separate days?

Anybodyy time this out? I think we're 7 hours behind Germany, so if they did a card in Primetime starting at 7 PM their time it'd be like 2:30-6:30 leading right into the Brazil prelims which would likely start at 7?

If so that's sick, but how are they gonna sellout Berlin, their one good German just got busted for roids haha

Eh, it's a Saturday. I can dedicate an entire day to MMA haha 

I'm guessing the Germany card won't be anything special. Probably just have some lower level European fighters on it. Phone Post 3.0

I'm surprised they have the resources to pull this off. Phone Post 3.0

Waits for the "I remember the days we had to wait three months for an event" guy to show up.  

This shit is getting ridiculous.

Also, this isn't the first time this has happened. I remember the TUF smashes finale and the TUF 16 finale were on the same day, and that worked out fine iirc.

epwar -

Waits for the "I remember the days we had to wait three months for an event" guy to show up.  

This shit is getting ridiculous.

Slowly exits thread....

Big English Tom Phone Post 3.0

Will Dana skype into one of the events?