UFC welterweight division

It would seem the Welterweight division is losing a little depth with some of their aging fighters.

Swick
Fitch
Alves
GSP

after those four we have no one left, koscheck has underperformed, hughes is done, serra is hard to predict

Fitch and GSP have become a little boring though great fighters.

Alves is the most exciting and got tooled by GSP. Tuf season 1 fighters keep moving down to lightweight.

Anyone else agree..if I am wrong please convince me...I am getting frustrated with the roster

yeah true, Im sure the UFC is doing their best to get more talent like Semtex!

also Wilks looks promising, and who knows johnson might do some big things.

Heartbroken Lee -  Hardy, Johnson, Semtex - good challengers right there.

Hardy needs to do more before i put him that high

Reeper83 - 
Heartbroken Lee -  Hardy, Johnson, Semtex - good challengers right there.

Hardy needs to do more before i put him that high

I forgot all about condit...he is an exciting fighter...i wish he beat kampman though

Koscheck is still improving. Most of the great wrestlers have a huge upside.

No mention of Karo? I mean sure he is going through rough times but he is still a top fighter in that division who has only lost to Sanchez, Sherk, GSP, and Alves. Not to mention that he is STILL very young considering how long he's been in the UFC.

The Destroyer88 - No mention of Karo?

Karo is finished. Nothing to do with the physical but emotionally and mentally he is done. He will be the new Drew Fickett but without the frequent fighting.

Dustin Hazelett is a future champion, in my opinion.

Rumble Johnson has a huge future. Once he improves on his weaknesses, like eye gauge defense, he will be unstoppable.

Martin Kampmann & Carlos Condit are great fighters

I think the problem is that GSP is just so much better than everyone else, nobody jumps out as a real threat to his title.

TOM666 - 
The Destroyer88 - No mention of Karo?

Karo is finished. Nothing to do with the physical but emotionally and mentally he is done. He will be the new Drew Fickett but without the frequent fighting.

Time will tell. He's physically fucked up too but it isn't too late to make a rebound. How old is he? 27? Still got plenty of time to bounce back and make a recovery.

1)Kampmann
2)Condit
3)Alves
4)Parysian
They are all relatively young fighters that already have an established reputation and fan following.

Some up-and-comers or other skilled fighters to yet reach their potential and marketability. Give them some time and experience and they will make their way up soon just like GSP:
5)Matt Brown
6)Dan Hardy
7)Dustin Hazelett
8)Johny Hendricks
9)Anthony Johnson
10)Ben Saunders

PS lets get Nick Diaz back into that mix please.... also UFC should try and take Lawler and Shields from Strikeforce.

I wanna see Carlos Newton in the mix again. Seriously. Maybe as a "tune up" for Hughes...might be surprising

cusandmike - I wanna see Carlos Newton in the mix again. Seriously. Maybe as a "tune up" for Hughes...might be surprising

Seriously?

wtf are you talking about. The UFC WW division is stacked.

They have

The top of the division
GSP
Alves
Fitch
Swick
Kampmann

The experienced vets
Hughes
Serra
Baroni
Trigg
Karo
Davis

The young talent
Koscheck
Condit
Hardy
P Thiago
Kim
Johnson
Hazelett
Daley

and frankly a ton more. Yoshida, Hendricks, Sadollah, Brock Larson, etc. There's a buttload of high level talent, good veterans and young up-and-comers... what more are we supposed to want?

ts clearly didnt think this through

joemama - ts clearly didnt think this throughHow many times a year to these fighters fight...yeah welterweight has tons of talent they can DEVELOP...but how long before they are ready...Hughes, Trigg, Serra, they are aging and results are not falling in their favor. Karo- see him in a year and he still falls short of that elite level. He has been beaten when he gets close to the top 5 in WW. Fitch, Alves have already been beaten..Kampmann gets a shot by beating condit and maybe a swick, swick is on the level of fitch. Are we just gonna see GSP ALves 2, fitch GSP 2 all rematches until 2 years down the line when condit, koscheck, hendricks, sadollah, larson and company are ready. WW is in an interesting situation. They have talent but not developed..making them not as deep... kampmann just moved down and still needs to get by swick. I am not sure you can even put swick ahead of Fitch. The second and 3rd best heavyweights were thouroughly outpointed by the champ. who will follow if GSP will beat Kampmann/Swick winner. Those talent fighters u mention won't be next in line they could be in 2 years...so we have t see GSP rematches for the next 2 yyears unless he moves out of the division making WW relevant and more competitive

UFC fans are about to meet Jake Ellenberger as well.  he's 21-4 at only 24 years old and a tremendous athlete.

Aside from the all the good names previously thrown out (Condit, Johnson, Kampmann, Kim) there are guys like T.J Grant and John Howard, who has looked great lately.  And Jesse Lennox just got a big win, who knows how far he can go.

And don't forget about some of the young WW talent in other organizations - Marius Zaromskis, Nick Diaz, Andre Galvao, Lyman Good and Dan Hornbuckle come to mind. 

Well, he does eventually plan on moving to 185 and fighting Silva. And while I do agree that it is GSP and then everybody else, that doesn't make the WW division shallow or mean that there is a lack of talent. There are about 10-15 good fighters at that weight class, and even the ones that are ready for a title shot will get blown out because that is how good GSP is.

The Destroyer88 - Well, he does eventually plan on moving to 185 and fighting Silva. And while I do agree that it is GSP and then everybody else, that doesn't make the WW division shallow or mean that there is a lack of talent. There are about 10-15 good fighters at that weight class, and even the ones that are ready for a title shot will get blown out because that is how good GSP is.

You are right...i concede that. my point is with GSP their it takes away from that because there is no entertainment value in the match-ups. you know how the fights will go, takedown and body control...no stand up wars...I love the future WW talent...but it will take time. If u remove GSP fromt he picture you can make a lot of entertaining match-ups for the title and headlines. Kampmann and a developed condit could have been a blockbuster at the right time.

Well, the same goes for all weight divisions except the HW division. Do you see anybody beating BJ or Anderson or Machida?

The Destroyer88 - Well, the same goes for all weight divisions except the HW division. Do you see anybody beating BJ or Anderson or Machida?

I see more relevant depth at HW and Light HW, Middleweight does have a similar feel to it. if not worse off after hendo, maia, and marquardt