UFC's crappy heavyvweight division

I have heard people saying the the UFC heavyweight division is the least interesting, or that it is almost getting bad to where it was in the divisions weaker days (UFC 40-65)  I understand they don't have Fedor or Randy, but one fight is not what a whole division is about.

Nog

Sylvia

AA

Gonzaga

Werdum

Crocop

Kongo

Vera

Mir

Lesnar

Herring

Match any of those two and you atleast have a quality semi main event.  I don't get how people can complain about the division, just being spoiled I guess.

M1's entire Heavyweight division:

Fedor

UFC's heavyweight division is by far the best it has ever been, even with the departure of Randy. They could make a hell of an 8-man tourney for the title if they so chose.

randy will be back

He might come back but he's only good for a couple fights since he's at the end of his career.

We Want Kimbo!!!

TTT

Yeah, what a horrible list..?

"UFC's heavyweight division is by far the best it has ever been, even with the departure of Randy."

• Completely agree.

Even WITHOUT Randy they are still left with around 6 of the top 10 HW's in the world - Nog, Sylvia, Arlovski, Werdum, Gonzaga, Kongo.

Contrast that to just last year, when they had TWO.

They also have a few other HW's in the top 15 in Cro Cop, Vera, and Hunt.

That's a quality 8 to 9-man field at HW right there - again, something you would have never dreamed was even possible just last year.

They loaded up that division with a quickness.

"I have heard people saying the the UFC heavyweight division is the least interesting, or that it is almost getting bad to where it was in the divisions weaker days (UFC 40-65)"

• Not even close. If they are saying that, then people just don't remember those dark days of the UFC HW division.

Remember - Frank Mir, Justin Eilers, Paul Buentello, Jeff Monson - all "#1 contenders" in the UFC in that time who had not amassed ONE single top-ten win EVER before getting their title shots.

Now you can pick a contender from at least TEN guys who have (including everyone on VicJenny's list except Vera and Lesnar, and adding Hunt).

when did the ufc get hunt

Hunt is just a rumor as far as I know.

Dana reportedly mentioned at a press conference after one of the recent UFC's that Hunt's contract with Pride had been assigned to them, but that they were still figuring out what to do with him.

Here's what I found from a very quick google search, recapping Dana's appearance on the Ferrall radio show:

"Caller asks about Mark Hunt. He says Hunt is under contract from the PRIDE deal and they are working some things out still."

(from http://www.mmanews.com/ufc/Dana-White-Unleashes-Loads-Of-Big-News-On-Ferrall-Show.html)

As for Arlovski, he is currently in a contract dispute with the UFC, which is why he's been sidelined.

He has one fight left on his deal and won't sign an extension so he's being Vera-ed for now. No way the UFC lets him get even close to a title-relevant matchup as his last fight.

"If you didn't know who brock lesner was, but heard he was a 4x all american and NCAA champ out of Univ of Minn, you wouldn't be saying the division is now watered down."

I think considering he's had only one fight, you just might. That's not how it typically works in the UFC.

Heavyweight has always been the shallowest division of any, that's just the way it is. The UFC is more stacked with heavies now than they have been in a long, long time and they currently have the deepest heavyweight division of any promotion around. So what's to complain about?

The problem is they don't make good use of the talent they do have.

Why would Lesnar bring down the credibility of the division? If he loses, it will show how far MMA has evolved. Great wrestlers can't expect to waltz into MMA anymore and just dominate without serious cross training. If Lesnar does well, then he deserves to be there. Mir is a legitimate test and a former champ.. I mean the man is Vera's best win.

The division might lose credibility if Lesnar wins and IF you were a beer drinking clueless casual fan. What do you care about those fans?

"The problem is they don't make good use of the talent they do have."

Well what fights would you make? I'll give you the obvious Arlovski vs anyone fight. Can we critique your mathchups?