UFL beats NFL?

Tuskers talking tough about Tampa Bay Bucs

Posted by Mike Florio on October 29, 2009 3:06 PM ET

October has been a very bad month for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. They've added four losses to the three with which they started the season. In all, they've lost 11 games in a row, and countinfg.

The remaining schedule shows scant soft spots over the final nine games, given them a shot at an 0-16 season.

On October 18, they drew 13,000 fewer people than showed up at their home stadium four days earlier to watch the USF Bulls.

Earlier today, co-chair Joel Glazer had to debunk rumors of financial troubles that could lead to the sale of the team.

And now, to make it even worse, the local UFL team would like to play the Bucs, because the local UFL team thinks it could beat the Bucs.

Per the St. Petersburg Times, running back Michael Pittman, who at one point played for the Buccaneers, said there are some players on his Florida Tuskers team who would "probably tell you we can [beat the Bucs]."

And then running back Tatum Bell said, "I'm one of them."

Though Bell might know something about stealing a guy's luggage (allegedly), it's impossible to predict what the best team in the UFL would do against one of the worst in the NFL. Besides, there's no way to prove what would happen unless the two teams play each other.

Still, while Tuskers coach Jim Haslett admits that the UFL "may not be the National Football League," he thinks his new team is "pretty close."

And Haslett would know. Last year, he took over on an interim basis a Rams team that, after upsetting the Redskins and the Cowboys on consecutive Sundays, embarked on an 0-10 slide that is now at seventeen and counting.

So Haslett knows bad NFL football -- and good UFL football -- when he sees it.

why the fuck did the did bucs get rid of Jeff Garcia?

jamarcus is starting, bucaneers are garbage, I mean god damn someone pick garcia up

I checked out the UFL on HDNET and I had to change the station. That league is more difficult to watch than the CFL.

molsonman - I checked out the UFL on HDNET and I had to change the station. That league is more difficult to watch than the CFL.

I've watched some of it. It's a way higher level of competition than CFL.

I'll listen to the NFL agents and GM's who say the UFL is legit.

UFL has some good quality games.. i think most people just dont reconize names.. doesnt mean good quality football isnt being played

I think if the UFL wants to contend they need to steal some big college players before the draft like the USFL did. Also theres players lik Shaun Alexander and Duece Mcallister out there. Sign em up and people will watch. If they dont know names they probably wont care.

UFL isnt really trying to be competition to the NFL.

It's trying to establish itself as an unofficial minor league for the NFL.

They have announced they will add 2 more teams next year and make the season longer.

xcouturefan - 
molsonman - I checked out the UFL on HDNET and I had to change the station. That league is more difficult to watch than the CFL.

I've watched some of it. It's a way higher level of competition than CFL.

I'll listen to the NFL agents and GM's who say the UFL is legit.

I don't know. I was trying to give the UFL a chance. I was desperate to watch some football and the only two options that particular day were CFL or UFL. I'm not a CFL fan at all but the UFL game was just unwatchable.

i really gotta watch a few games of UFL to make a judgement call ... i have seen CFL games partially here n there...i ok i guess....

i watched aRENA football and actually like the fast pace and high scoring despite a 5o yard field and 8on8 format.

RyanWilcox - I think XCF is an employee for the UFL.

I watched a few minutes of an UFL game the other week and couldnt take it. Those gay ass uniform colors make it seem too gimmacky.

No, I don't work for the UFL, just a fan of football.

As I said before I'll listen to sports agents and NFL scouts/GM's. They say the UFL is legit and the talent level is very high in the league.

how does the uniforms make it look "gimmacky"

RyanWilcox - 
BzGrappla - how does the uniforms make it look "gimmacky"

I turn it on and the colors of the uniforms makes me think I'm watching some movie like Any Given Sunday, The Replacements or that show Playmakers. Looks third rate.

Wow, so you judge the football being played by what jerseys are being worn?

LOL. I watch sports, for the sport being played not to judge the fashion sense of the uniforms being used.

RyanWilcox-

"I can't root for Fedor anymore. I mean did you look at his fight shorts? Those gay ass colors make it seem too gimmacky."

RyanWilcox= this guy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0FbkGfDV1M

RyanWilcox - Dude, no one cares about this shit league. The XFL was drawing more fans into the stadiums.

Way to be angry.

People do care about this league. They have a tv contract with 2 stations.

Also, NFL scouts/GM's care about the league.

I think the league is a good idea. Football needed a minor league. Gives players who are not quite at the NFL level a chance to develop their skills with real game situations. Also gives players who get lost in the shuffle a chance to show what they can do.

I watch football for entertainment. If the uniforms are hideous enough to give me a headache, I'm not happy.

The same applies to throwbacks.

Combat Sport Fan - The bucs would put 100 up on them..

LOL, no.

It's not college vs pro. It's pro vs. pro.

The Bucs would win, but wouldn't put up 100.