ufn 12 pay

didnt see a thread about this yet.

UFC Fight Night 12 Salaries

Dann Stupp, MMAjunkie.com
January 24, 2008

UFC Fight Night 12 took place Wednesday at The Palms Las Vegas, and MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) has obtained the list of official fighters' salaries directly from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

The event, which featured a headline bout of Mike Swick vs. Josh Burkman, aired on Spike TV. Swick, who earned $20,000, posted a majority-decision victory over Burkman, who got $10,000.

ADVERTISEMENT

"The Ultimate Fighter 5" winner Nate Diaz was the night's highest-paid fighter with $30,000 in his winning effort, and co-main-event fighter Patrick Cote earned the second-largest salary with $28,000 for his victory.

The total disclosed payroll for the event was $232,000.

Mike Swick ($20,000) def. Josh Burkman ($10,000)
Patrick Cote ($28,000) def. Drew McFedries ($10,000)
Thiago Tavares ($18,000) def. Michihiro Omigawa ($5,000)
Nate Diaz ($30,000) def. Alvin Robinson ($7,000)
Kurt Pelligrino ($20,000) def. Alberto Crane ($4,000)
Gray Maynard ($16,000) def. Dennis Siver ($7,O00)
Jeremy Stephens ($10,000) def. Cole Miller ($8,000)
Corey Hill ($16,000) def. Joe Veres ($3,000)
Matt Wiman ($16,000) def. Justin Buchholz ($4,000)
All the winning fighters received pay that awarded 50 percent "to show" and 50 percent as a "win bonus." For example, Swick earned $10,000 to show and an additional $10,000 for his victory for $20,000 total. Each of the night's losing fighters could have doubled his salary with a victory.

Now, the usual disclaimer: the figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighterâs income. They also do not include any other "locker-room" or special bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays.

In other words, these are simply base salaries reported to the CSAC and do not represent the total amounts earned by each fighter.

Joe Veres 3k, what can some one do with 3k for months of hard work... minus insurance minus taxes... not much of a living.

"Nate Diaz was the night's highest-paid fighter with $30,000."

Party time in Stockton!

"Joe Veres 3k, what can some one do with 3k for months of hard work... minus insurance minus taxes... not much of a living."

He bought the title UFC Veteran, and opened up many more doors to fight in other Organizations..

mma fighters are probably the most disproportionatly compensated with respect to what the organization they work for bring in....it'll never change as long as you-know-who has a virtual monopoly

BM21

This is a travesty.

"He bought the title UFC Veteran, and opened up many more doors to fight in other Organizations.."

well dont know what you do for a living, I value my work and have a family to feed. that money doesnt even pay for rent/food for the training period...

"well dont know what you do for a living, I value my work and have a family to feed. that money doesnt even pay for rent/food for the training period..."

lol...well i guess he should of won then. He would of gotten more right? Slacking at his job.

if doing what you want to do doesn't pay the bills don't quit your day job.

Wow.

Swick is only getting 10k to show/ 10k to win. That's shitty. This was his seventh fight in the UFC and he's not making any more than that.

Don't quit your day job boys !!!

What a rip off !!

This is why we sponsor a local fighter

Armando Sanchez - he was on that San Diego
Card that failed

www.myspace.com/mandospeed

ttt

$30 g can buy some good weed...