UFN Fallout

I was really impressed with the show... I had it on Tivo, though, so I could fast forward all the damn commercials... but, the fights were entertaining and everyone they showed, the guys fought to win. But, from here, where do some of the guys go?

-Spencer Fisher: That was the best Spencer we've seen, but where does that put him in the 155 class? I think a future match up with KenFlo, Din Thomas or Kurt Pellegrino would reveal the depth of Spencer's ability in the UFC. But, he brought it last night, and if that Spencer shows up against almost anyone in the 155 division, it'll be a long night.

-Jon Fitch: Fitch continues to impress. I'm happy to see him get some quality exposure on TV, and now that he has another hard-fought win under his belt, who is next for him? I wouldn't mind seeing him against Jeff Joslin (I never saw their 1st one, but it was supposed to be pretty great), Marcus Davis or even Jonathan Goulet (is Goulet at 185 full-time?).

-Drew McFredries: A crushing KO victory in a fight where Drew looked very impressive... he was doing well against Kampmann before getting sent to bed, but I would love to see him in there with someone that would just go toe-to-toe with him for a couple rounds... A great match up for Patrick Cote, Pete Sell or even Leben... I think Drew wins at least 2 of those 3, though.

-Anthony Johnson: This guy came to kill, and he did his job pretty damn fast... We didn't get to see much of him, but what we saw was pretty good... With that win, I think a future fight with Pete Spratt or even Goulet would be pretty explosive.

Would it make sense to anyone else to use the national exposure of the UFN's to introduce the casual fans of the UFC to more of the Pride guys? Rather than putting Filho in the WEC, or having Nog fight Herring on a PPV, put them on an UFN where people can see them, and build their name for PPV's.

Anyway, I was impressed with the production and the quality of the fights last night. I think the UFN's a are a great supplement to the PPV events, and if they are going to give us a card like last night's a few times a year, I'm a pretty happy camper.

Couldnt said it any better myself...
TTT

No talk of Tavares? He impressed the most.

Putting Goulet in there twice must make you a Canadian 'cause that guy is not even in the same galaxy as Fitch. Mcfederies has been on 2 ppv already and the just came off a win... his next fight should be against Terry Martin. I agree that with your assesment of the UFN last night but your match-making is horrendous.

Fitch has to fight someone in the top 10 next, IMO. Karo would be ideal.

I endorse this thread!

While a great idea for the fans, there is no way in hell anyone with any
business sense would put Nog on a free tv event.....sorry.

Here is where I disagree. 

-Fitch needs to fight someone of the caliber of Diego or Karo.  Anything less than that and I will be disappointed.

Fitch must fight Karo next. Period.

I completly forgot to mention Tavares! I'm an idiot!

I was incredibly impressed with him... I didn't think he would push Black around like that at all.

Does Tavares fight out of BTT or did Busta just corner him?

And, no, I'm not Canadian, but I think Goulet is better than his fights w/ Ludwig and Koscheck showed... I think him and Fitch would make for an exciting fight.

And, I don't know if Drew is ready for Martin, yet... Martin just destroyed Ivan, which isn't an easy task.

"While a great idea for the fans, there is no way in hell anyone with any business sense would put Nog on a free tv event.....sorry. "

I disagree... if they will put Crocop on free tv, put Nog on free tv... if anything, give him Herring on free TV, and then give him a well known UFC vet, like Mir on free TV... then let him devour Tim Sylvia on a PPV with some buy-rates on it. Build his name on free TV, then milk it on the PPV. Thats business sense.

Good posts.

Overall, probably the best UFN they have had yet based on overall quality of fights. 

I was most impressed with Tavares, Jason Black is no slouch and Tavares basically dominated him the entire fight, he could be an exciting fighter to watch in an already stacked division.  I love that he brough back the slick ground game to the UFC, something that has been sorely lacking in many fights recently.  Not to say the fighters don't have the skill but it seems this type of fight has gone by the wayside recently.  I'd love to see tavares fight another highly skilled BJJ'er like Florian.

I agree with those saying Fitch vs Karo, i would love to see this fight. After six straight wins in the UFC i find it hard to see how Fitch isnt in line to fight a top ten guy like Karo, especially since Burkman(who lost to Fitch) has just had that oppertunity

I agree with those saying Fitch vs Karo, i would love to see this fight. After six straight wins in the UFC i find it hard to see how Fitch isnt in line to fight a top ten guy like Karo, especially since Burkman(who lost to Fitch) has just had that oppertunity

That's all I was trying to say^^^^ But goulet is the very last person I would of though of