UG Hall of Fame - This should happen!

Evening UG, hope we're all smiling this Friday.

I had myself an idea just there when looking at the Best of 2010 thread...

Why don't we create a UG Hall of Fame?

A lot of people on this site do absolutely incredible things in charity, the sport of MMA and in the day to day lives they lead. There should be a place on this forum, which has so much attitude and heart, where we can recognise these people and give them the praise the deserve.

The UG Hall of Fame would be a PERMANENT stickie.

The idea:

Every new year, alongside the Underground awards, there could be a separate thread in which people detail a particular thing a member of the UG has done which has brought about some good in the world. Be it via sport/profession or whatever endeavour you see fit, the best of those suggestions could be drawn together and put to a poll and so each year we would have a new member of the forum enrolled in our own personal Hall of Fame - voted for by the very good people of the UG itself.

Winners could receive perhaps a lifetime membership to the site with some clothing, or perhaps through the amazing connections this site has - a fighter meet? Free event tickets? A coloured name NOTE green, blue, red, silver or mud?

Kirik - This suggestion would bode well for the site. Imagine new people coming on and reading a stickied thread, learning about some of the fantastic achievers they could be posting alongside? Updating the original post every year with the new things people have done as the years go by would be a good option. Of course, there would be no one stopping a UG member posting a new thread suggesting a member gets immediate access for something incredible, which could be judged by yourself so as to its relevance.

Acts of whatever success would need to be found absolutely true before consideration.

What do you think, UG?

I'm sure this would encourage some good stuff.

Good idea

BrutalMedic - Evening UG, hope we're all smiling this Friday.

I had myself an idea just there when looking at the Best of 2010 thread...

Why don't we create a UG Hall of Fame?

A lot of people on this site do absolutely incredible things in charity, the sport of MMA and in the day to day lives they lead. There should be a place on this forum, which has so much attitude and heart, where we can recognise these people and give them the praise the deserve.

The UG Hall of Fame would be a PERMANENT stickie.

The idea:

Every new year, alongside the Underground awards, there could be a separate thread in which people detail a particular thing a member of the UG has done which has brought about some good in the world. Be it via sport/profession or whatever endeavour you see fit, the best of those suggestions could be drawn together and put to a poll and so each year we would have a new member of the forum enrolled in our own personal Hall of Fame - voted for by the very good people of the UG itself.

Winners could receive perhaps a lifetime membership to the site with some clothing, or perhaps through the amazing connections this site has - a fighter meet? Free event tickets? A coloured name NOTE green, blue, red, silver or mud?

Kirik - This suggestion would bode well for the site. Imagine new people coming on and reading a stickied thread, learning about some of the fantastic achievers they could be posting alongside? Updating the original post every year with the new things people have done as the years go by would be a good option. Of course, there would be no one stopping a UG member posting a new thread suggesting a member gets immediate access for something incredible, which could be judged by yourself so as to its relevance.

Acts of whatever success would need to be found absolutely true before consideration.

What do you think, UG?

Somebody get this guy a blue name.

He has a great name and I think he might be scottish!

^ Ha, I am indeed a Scot - thank you!

Interesting idea.

Good idea BM!!

My completely uninfluential opinion is positive in regards to this idea!

"The UG Hall of Fame would be a PERMANENT stickie."

This goes too far. 

The idea has potential, but I am not sold.

-jk

Hey BrutalMedic... sign off and back on again.. :-)

Jump Kick -  "The UG Hall of Fame would be a PERMANENT stickie."

This goes too far. 

The idea has potential, but I am not sold.

-jk

This forum is an international community with a lot of people who are doing good things for people. I think it would be superb (and down right respectful) to give these guys the international recognition they deserve. Fighters and UFC management take note of this website - imagine Dana White noticing a particular winner one year as doing something spectacular and giving a financial contribution to their aid?

I'm sure there are numerous things that would need ironed out - but the recognition of the impressive acts of our international MMA community should be a priority.

As for the permanent stickie...why not? I don't see it being a problem? Shouldn't a hall of fame be readily accessible? If it was a massive issue then sure but...why so?

RickStorm -  Hey BrutalMedic... sign off and back on again.. :-)

RICKSTORM!!!!

You absolute Legend, I remember you from the Kimura thread, I cannot thank you enough!

Thank you very much!

Youre very welcome...

I love this idea. A wing for green names, blue namers, hall of fame threads and hall of fame multimedia. 2 of each per year. Phone Post

For the first class of 2011 I would vote in Kirik, Striker18 and Machine May.

01'ers should have their own wing too. Ill nominate bob_s for his artwork and rubber raw.

Monsters Ball - Do we really want to put the spotlight on posters on an MMA forum rather than the actual sport and fighters?

I say leave the awards for the fighters.

I certainly don't think that making our own posters more aware of the hard work of fellow posters (which might otherwise go unrecognised) would distract MMA fans from the discussions and MMA news the site broadcasts.

ttt

Ninoplata and Dehghani.

I've only been here a few years but in that time I've seen alot of good posters that have brought alot of good content to this forum... ex, card, lookoutawhale, igor, I could go on and on.

I think the the sport is about the fighters, the promotions SHOULD be about the fighters, but the UG is about the fans, fighters, promotors, and everyone involved in MMA one way or another..

UG Hall of Fame is an awesome idea!!

One last TTT before bed. I really like this concept and think it could go places.

Could open up a whole lot of insight.