UG Success stories

What are some success stories of people using the UG to launch their own successful platforms/jobs. Obviously Joe Rogan is the best, Ariel is a good one, any others spring to mind? Also, their methodology for switching platforms.

I used to do UFC predictions on here, then a guy asked me to do them for his website, then a few other places got ahold of me, then I worked for BodogFIGHT, then Full Contact Fighter radio, then I no longer had the time to follow the growth of the sport. Example: I know only the top two guys fighting in the UFC tomorrow night.

1 Like

I’ve got nothing mma/grappling wise but have helped numerous OGers with test prep for different utility positions. Have one that I’m trying to get hired for the next generation dispatcher position we have opening up in a couple weeks. If that counts for anything.

2 Likes

Anyone else? I’m trying to sell someone on the value of this website and it would help a lot.

McKorkle (sp?) got picked up by the UFC after gaining support here.

this is not a place of success, not now anyway

Rip

Robin Black was public enemy #1 on the Canadian UG back in the day when that was a thriving board. He was super active there and somehow, over time, won over a lot of people in the community, which parlayed itself into a gig on The Fight Network, then all of the commentary and other gigs he’s done in MMA.

Rogan always had his own forum on his site too that had more to do with his success than here.