Uh Mighty Mouse....you forgot to mention

That in the vast majority of circumstances the. Est athletes in a sport being in the most revenue for their team. Either in the form of higher overall attendance or going deeper into the playoffs where every game is a huge additional moneymaker.

Your PPV's have some of the lowest buys ever. You don't bring in anywhere near the revenue like other champs, and you want to be paid like them? That's not how business works. And yes, sports are a business. Even the Olympics are a business now.

Good good I'm tired of listening to this guy. Combat sports are completely different from the other major sports. Combat sports rely so much on ppvs sold. Nobody is buying mighty mouse ppvs. I guarantee that if you had CM Punk headline a card it would outsell MM vs. whoever the fuck they'd match him up with. That's why he gets paid more.

ya. I normally support the guy, but he lost me with this. He is not dumb, and certainly understands how  $$ works in prize fighting.

What other sports can men that size play? Horse riding perhaps. How many superstar, millionaire,5ft 3 125lbs male football, soccer, baseball or basketball players are there?

keep bleeting on all you like with being p4p best, it's like the emperors new clothes, most just say it because they think it makes them sound knowledgeable. It doesn't. He isn't. 

Annoying? Only thing annoying, is you fucking shills. I guarantee in mm spot, you guys would not be happy either. Yeah, but keep being mad about someone wanted to be treated fairly.

Ragingshaneistheanswer - Annoying? Only thing annoying, is you fucking shills. I guarantee in mm spot, you guys would not be happy either. Yeah, but keep being mad about someone wanted to be treated fairly.

But that is the point. He is more than treated fairly. You could very well argue that he is over compensated

Jason - 
Ragingshaneistheanswer - Annoying? Only thing annoying, is you fucking shills. I guarantee in mm spot, you guys would not be happy either. Yeah, but keep being mad about someone wanted to be treated fairly.

But that is the point. He is more than treated fairly. You could very well argue that he is over compensated

He is fortunate the UFC is so greedy that they refuse to scrap the division so they can continue adding filler fights over cards. This way instead of the stacked cards of years ago, you get a couple of star power fights and the rest are fights that no one really cares about. Johnsons division accomplishes that.

Jason -

Im not sure I agree. Sure his numbers aren't great. But we all aren't born with Conor McGregors personality. MM is so good, he should be making awesome money. 

I really wish he would break Andersons record then go to 135 for the belt. 

GaspareBJJ -
Jason -

Im not sure I agree. Sure his numbers aren't great. But we all aren't born with Conor McGregors personality. MM is so good, he should be making awesome money. 

"Mighty Mouse is good so he SHOULD make awesome money"

There are a lot of "should's" in this world. The world is not fair. The Kardashians should not be multi millionaires. But more people tune into watch them than MM. That's capitalism, so he needs to adapt.

Also, yes, he is fantastic, but don't kid yourself, his small size allows him a lot of leeway to make mistakes and get clocked by a strike and recover. He has been hit cleanly a couple of times, and if he were bigger in stature, and in the WW division or higher, some of his fights would have went like Rockhold-Bisping, and he would have lost at least once. In the 125 division he is in, besides 1-2 people, he has no worry about a punchers chance, so he needs to take the good with the bad.

Who said that he is the best?  He is the best flyweight period.  It ends there. He is so small that EVERY other champion in every weight class would beat the shit out of him. The only chance he has is Cody and that is slim. He's tiny and only great against tiny people . That doesn't make him the best athlete in the sport. 

GaspareBJJ -
Jason -

Of course, it makes wondeful business sense to pay the guy with the lowest PPV draw the higest paychecks.

What could go wrong other than bankruptcy?

Think for a moment how stupid that is. This is NOT a league, it's an entertainment company.

B y the way, it's either run the sport like a real sport and base fights off merit and pay the same way, or run it like the WWE and put matches on that are popular and pay from draw capability.

you CANNOT have it both ways

Bigtrain2681 -

What other sports can men that size play? Horse riding perhaps. How many superstar, millionaire,5ft 3 125lbs male football, soccer, baseball or basketball players are there?

keep bleeting on all you like with being p4p best, it's like the emperors new clothes, most just say it because they think it makes them sound knowledgeable. It doesn't. He isn't. 

Sebastian Giovinco is the best player in the MLS at 5'4" and also the highest paid making seven million US a year....

Humphrey - 

B y the way, it's either run the sport like a real sport and base fights off merit and pay the same way, or run it like the WWE and put matches on that are popular and pay from draw capability.

you CANNOT have it both ways

Boxing disagrees. Its a real sport that bases fights on money, plain and simple. I hate that business model and thought the UFC was above that, but apparently they are not.

ABCTT_GROUNDnLB -

That in the vast majority of circumstances the. Est athletes in a sport being in the most revenue for their team. Either in the form of higher overall attendance or going deeper into the playoffs where every game is a huge additional moneymaker.

Your PPV's have some of the lowest buys ever. You don't bring in anywhere near the revenue like other champs, and you want to be paid like them? That's not how business works. And yes, sports are a business. Even the Olympics are a business now.

Well said

He fights in the weakest male division in the UFC, there are no big names in the division at all. No one cares that he is the imaginary best fighter in the sport.

His claim also supposes an equality of weight divisions, which is a matter of opinion, but one that hardly anyone would agree with him on.

Further, on top of his division being the smallest guys, the percentage of the population that could or would fight in his weight division is likely among the least, if not the very least. So he's a big fish in a small pond...or a small fish in a tiny pond.

The percentage of those who would fight heavyweight may be small too, but such champions would ostensibly beat up all the others while MM probably can't beat any.

But he wants to be (more) subsidized by the fighters that have stiffer competition and inspire people to buy shows, and buying his argument is the only way one could be snowed into ignoring such facts. If he could only fight on profitable shows exclusively featuring his weight class, he'd probably need a day job imo.

it doesn't matter, he's not going to get big paydays unless he can make big draws. Period.

I wish he would go heel and start a new gimmick where he constantly calls out people way way bigger than him and tells them to cut weight down to fight him...

"Jon Jones...you wanna see who the GOAT is?  Be a man and cut down to 125...you scared?  I'll go up at meet you at 140 as a catchweight...don't be scared homey."

Then, start challenging the women's division and demanding to be able to fight and be a two belt champ...

"Why discriminate against me because I was born a man?  Come on Dana, you were born a boy but given a girl's name, drop the stereotypes and let me bang bro..."

The p4p imaginary status is getting to his head. For such a rational guy, he's deluded.