UK OGers question - "chill him"

I've heard this phrase a few times in British movies. I'm assuming, based on the context, that it means "beat him up" or "knock him out". Is this correct? And if so, what are the origins of that phrase? Is "chill" in reference to knocked out "cold"?

dead=cold
chill rhymes with kill. they usually swith the word to something it rhymes with and has a relation to its replacement.

Take him to the dentist

Drugs_Delaney - dead=cold
chill rhymes with kill. they usually swith the word to something it rhymes with and has a relation to its replacement.

Ahhh, didn't even think that is was part of the rhyming Cockney slang lexicon. But, the times I've heard it, it doesn't seem like they are referring to actually killing someone. So, no offense intended to Drugs_Delaney, I appreciate the response, but can anyone confirm his explanation?

groundfighter2000 - 

Ahhh, didn't even think that is was part of the rhyming Cockney slang lexicon. But, the times I've heard it, it doesn't seem like they are referring to actually killing someone. So, no offense intended to Drugs_Delaney, I appreciate the response, but can anyone confirm his explanation?

im guessing they might be treating a ko like taking someone out? idk, but the rhyming threw me off until i re read your post .

groundfighter2000 -

It doesnt make sense for cockney rhyming slang.

Rhyming slang would be a two word phrase where the second word rhynes with the substituted word. Like dog & bone (phone) whistle & flute (suit) Phone Post 3.0

Are you sure they're saying "chill him"? I'm English and have never heard the term before.

It's definitely not rhyming slang.

Yeah also not heard the phrase but then I'm not down with the kids these days Phone Post 3.0

purist - Are you sure they're saying "chill him"? I'm English and have never heard the term before.

It's definitely not rhyming slang.
This Phone Post 3.0

Start at 1:11

Just watched the clip. Theyre saying 'chin' him.

Just means to hit someone. Phone Post 3.0

groundfighter2000 - Start at 1:11

My favourite film! VU!

They're saying 'Chin him', as in 'hit him'

Ahhhhhhhhhh. Lol. Man i must have bad hearing. "Chin him" makes perfect sense. Thanks for the help guys! Everyone just got VTFU!