UK Promoter Says WWE Is Wasting Drew McIntyre

UK wrestling promoter Graham McKay recently spoke with "The Big WrestleShark Show" about WWE Superstars Drew McIntyre and Sheamus, as well as other former WWE stars who McKay has worked with:

Drew McIntyre: "He's getting wasted in WWE. You look at the  3MB set up: three of the best guys they've got in that company and they are  totally wrecking them. He was supposed to get the big push, he was the next big  thing. Bret Hart has spoken to Vince about Drew, Roddy Piper has spoken to Vince  about Drew, but nothing seems to be happening. Drew doesn't let much on about  what's happening, but I said to him a couple of weeks ago that he's getting  ruined. He didn't say much but he seems quite happy with what he's doing. So I  don't know if they have plans for him, but I don't see how they can repair what  they're doing to him right now. Drew's ability is so much more advanced than  what WWE will let him do. He is so technically minded. Him and Sheamus got signed at the same time, they're best friends: they would have great  matches."

Sheamus signing with WWE: "Sheamus was actually in two minds  over whether or not to go for the WWE try-out. He's that little bit older, he's  in his 30s, he had a good job in Dublin and was very well paid. So he was in two  minds, because obviously if you get through the try-out you go to developmental,  you can spend two or three years there and get nothing. So it was a big risk for  him to go for that and potentially come back to no job. Believe it or not it was  Drew that convinced him to go for the try-out."

Chris Masters appearing for BCW: "You get a lot of American  workers come over and they are lazy. They're going to get paid either way: Chris  worked so, so hard to get people over. He's such a hard-working man. He should  be signed back up."

Getting punched by Raven: "I came backstage after managing  the match before, and Alex Shane grabs my collar and pulls me out the curtain  saying 'come on, you're managing me.' He gave me this spot at the end where I  was to jump up and get hit by Raven, but the referee messed up and accidentally  counted the 1-2-3. So Raven started getting pretty upset, and when I jumped up  on the apron Raven punched me full force in the face… then I had to pay him. It  can be great to have Americans over… but you get the good ones and bad ones."

Thinking he had killed Marty Jannetty: "I once thought he  was dead. He mixed UK Paracetamol (mild pain killers) with US Paracetamol. I  went in to wake him up and he had been sick blood all over the pillow and he  wasn't moving. I thought 'my god, I've just killed Marty Jannetty.' But I shook  him, and he just kind of woke up with no idea what I was so worried about… it's  crazy."

Bret Hart's medical condition: "There were a few things he  was talking about backstage when he was over to work in England. For example, if  he turns his head to fast in one direction he loses all sight, gets dizzy and  may collapse; so he has to be careful even getting in the ring. That's why when  he does the Sharpshooter there is a possibility that he may lose sight and keel  over. That's why he does it very, very slowly now. And yet, you book him in the  UK and he will still sell out shows. Last time he was over to promote his book  and they had to close off a couple of streets for him."

Trying to book Roddy Piper: "I still have the email in my  phone, he would only come over to work for BCW if I could get him a part in an  Irn Bru advert. He said he had just been over and would have no reason to come  back otherwise. I was just like, I've got enough troubles trying to promote a  show without trying to get him a role in an advert."

Um... somebody should tell this guy, Drew McIntyre did get the "big push." He was heralded as 'Mr. McMahon's Golden Boy' by the announcers whenever he appeared on TV. Hard to get a stronger endorsement than that. HE was the one who didn't seem to live up to the hype, in my opinion.

And, remember that entrance? His theme music and his titan-tron video were awesome. He was given all the tools necessary to succeed. Maybe this guy liked him, maybe Bret Hart & Roddy Piper liked him. But, the fact remains: he didn't resonate with the fans in the same way.

Some of the statements this guy made are just silly, from an American fan's perspective. So much so, that it makes it very difficult to take him seriously, in my eyes at least. Good read, though, thanks for posting. Phone Post

Maybe he's not being booked as a hall of famer, but he is getting regular TV appearances with the biggest company in the business. Not too shabby when you consider the thousands of guys that would give their left nut for his spot. Phone Post 3.0

Ryan Black - 

Um... somebody should tell this guy, Drew McIntyre did get the "big push." He was heralded as 'Mr. McMahon's Golden Boy' by the announcers whenever he appeared on TV. Hard to get a stronger endorsement than that. HE was the one who didn't seem to live up to the hype, in my opinion.

And, remember that entrance? His theme music and his titan-tron video were awesome. He was given all the tools necessary to succeed. Maybe this guy liked him, maybe Bret Hart & Roddy Piper liked him. But, the fact remains: he didn't resonate with the fans in the same way.

Some of the statements this guy made are just silly, from an American fan's perspective. So much so, that it makes it very difficult to take him seriously, in my eyes at least. Good read, though, thanks for posting. Phone Post

I was thinking the same thing.

The dude just doesn't have A-level potential. Sometimes it just doesn't work.

You have to admit though it is a waste to have him in 3mb. At least let him flounder around the mid card level. He's better than a comedy jobber.

RML - Maybe he's not being booked as a hall of famer, but he is getting regular TV appearances with the biggest company in the business. Not too shabby when you consider the thousands of guys that would give their left nut for his spot. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly.  He should just be happy to make it to the big show.

Also, didn't his GF assult him and he did nothing, but stay with her?  That would probably make Vince not like him.

"Bret Hart's medical condition: "There were a few things he was talking about backstage when he was over to work in England. For example, if he turns his head to fast in one direction he loses all sight, gets dizzy and may collapse; so he has to be careful even getting in the ring. That's why when he does the Sharpshooter there is a possibility that he may lose sight and keel over. That's why he does it very, very slowly now. And yet, you book him in the UK and he will still sell out shows. Last time he was over to promote his book and they had to close off a couple of streets for him."-

Damn

Philanderer - "Bret Hart's medical condition: "There were a few things he was talking about backstage when he was over to work in England. For example, if he turns his head to fast in one direction he loses all sight, gets dizzy and may collapse; so he has to be careful even getting in the ring. That's why when he does the Sharpshooter there is a possibility that he may lose sight and keel over. That's why he does it very, very slowly now. And yet, you book him in the UK and he will still sell out shows. Last time he was over to promote his book and they had to close off a couple of streets for him."-

Damn

Yeah... that sucks. Not the first time I've heard these same things about Bret's neurological condition.

The worst part is that all this was caused by a serious concussion suffered due to a blown spot in a match with Bill Goldberg on a taping of WCW Thunder in late 2000, I believe. Few people saw it, even less people remember it... but it killed the career of one of the best, and forced him into early retirement. If I'm nit mistaken, Hart got mule-kicked in the head by Goldberg... now he's fucked up for life. Really a damn shame. Phone Post

^Yes. It was a spinning back kick by MMA fighter wannabe Goldberg, and he wasn't even looking at where he was kicking.

I saw it, Goldberg went full retard its still real to me and just nailed him.  Then to add insult to injury Bret had years left on him and the guy that retires him is a poser who quits the biz early. Sad

I'd put Drew Mcintire in a fuckin Kilt and have him go all  Braveheart  style. If he's going to be an ass at least he'd be over with the Scottish americans the way Seamus is with the Irish..... Then they can jump Wade Barret

triso - You have to admit though it is a waste to have him in 3mb. At least let him flounder around the mid card level. He's better than a comedy jobber.

I disagree