Ultimate boxing wins again.

But anyway, it doesn't really matter in the end, because Corey's gonna be in some deep shit as the tournament moves forward and he has to see guys like Manvel, Lauzon, and Diaz who are all animals and well beyond capable of beating him soundly.

Emerson hyped as a stand up machine who Dana loved off as a real fighter, beat by a guy very limited in experience looking to be still very unsure how to utilize his advantages.

Werdum-Arlovski sucked... scrap 265.

"There was no winner in that mess....scrap 155"

No don't be silly. Just don't have chumps on TUF.. That Weems guy or whatever... WTF?! Let's not experiment if we can make a bad fighter into a good one Dana, just take the good ones.

And at least you can see what great LW's turn into - See Tyson Griffin v Frankie Edgar in regard to what LW's can do.

I understand Hill being happy with his performance because he's green, but Emerson thinking he did well is laughable. Emerson keeps it in first gear for the first two rounds, then barely does squat for the first 4 min of the decisive round, and grumbles about the dec afterwards? What the Hell?

Neither fought to finish. Typical, careful, yawner of a TUF fight. Terrible we have to see them again. They both need more outside the UFC experience.

corey definitely shouldnt have won that fight

i seriously feel neither of those guys are good fighters. i personally know five guys that could/would beat them at 155. Its a shame micah miller wasn't on the show because of his age.

"griffin-edgar was the exception to the rule"

Fine. Huerta v Garcia.

Considering emerson kne whe had a 2nd chance and talked about not screwing it up, yea its disappointing. BJ should just stop yelling his instructions after the fighters stop listening during the 1st round, save your voice for the the ones who listen and use it to their advantage.

I'm very dissapointed with Emerson. I think he won all three rounds. But he simply did not fight to win and it's true that he fought not to lose. The first round was pretty un eventful but Emerson actually landed more and should have won it by a small margin. The second round was in no doubt was won by Emerson, simply a similar round to round 1 but with attempted submission at the end of the round. Third was a more defined round for Emerson than round 1 but nothing impressive. The leg kicks should have done it but it didnt. The only thing I can say about Corey was that he was moving forward more than Emerson and looked a bit more aggressive. He landed less but he was all talk and not enough action nor skill. The fact that this is Emerson's second chance should have been a wake up call for him to really bring the fight to get the judges on his side but he didnt do that. Also the fact that this is Corey's 1st MMA fight makes it look even worse for Emerson as well as for the rest of MMA.

The decision was bullshit

Freedom of speech is muthafuckin bullshit.

What a bunch of whiners. WAAAAAHH!!!!! I HATED THAT FIGHT!!!! Sheesh, get over it.

I thought it was fine, kind of slow but not bad. Hill was definitely a newb, but he fought a smart fight. Squeaked out a 10-9 first round, which allowed him to survive Emerson's easy 10-9 second round. In the third, Emerson definitely landed more damaging kicks (and why the heck wasn't he doing that all along?), but Hill was more aggressive overall and won in the standup exchanges. I narrowly gave the third to Hill, so I agreed with the decision.

But whether you agreed or not, the whining is pathetic.

Anyone think the fact that Emerson was invited back after already losing early on had something to do with the decision?

If you're invited back, you should be impressing everyone with your new gift, not trying to squeak out a "could go either way"-type of victory.

"If you're invited back, you should be impressing everyone with your new gift, not trying to squeak out a "could go either way"-type of victory."

Well, that's the culture of the UFC and American MMA. God forbid you drop a fight or two and your ass is history.

This show is just an extension of that.

Regardless, like I always say about a boring stand and pray fight....it takes two to tango. Doesn't matter whether it's Hill vs. Emerson or Sylvia vs. Arlovski.

"Well, that's the culture of the UFC and American MMA. God forbid you drop a fight or two and your ass is history."

Except that it's not. Ross Pointon had two exhibition fights on TUF and two real fights afterward in the UFC. Given his level of skill, that's three fights more than he deserved... but Dana liked him because he "came to fight," so he was rewarded.

And Emerson should have realized that.

I agree with threadmaker

the extension corey had made it really hard and frustrating for him to get in and follow through.

That combined with Emerson's complete and utter fear of the ground made the fight pretty much a draw and painful to watch in comparison with Joe's fight.

both guys sucked, both should have been booted from the show.

Emerson always fights like that

Blame Marco Ruas for training him