Ultimate Dog for Fighters

got an english mastiff.....i love him and girls really dig him. He is 11....old for a mastiff.

"go to the pit bull threa. i was laughing out loud at work. if you dream a picture in your head of the sort of retard that would think his dog's define him - you will see pictures of that mental picture in that thread. lol. i'd say more but those guys can kick my ass so i'll shut up "

I'm in the mood for comedy. Men who define themselves through their dog are hilarious. Link to this thread?

English mastiffs are awesome! How much does your guy weigh?

I have a valley bulldog and a pound mix with some american foxhound and a lil APBT.

I have an 8 year old presa female

The Aryan brother hood thing in SF was absolutely a Presa not a bull mastiff.

My mastiff is only 150 pounds......pretty light for the breed, they get to 200-240....he is an old man, but still greets me a the door and he lives on the couch......
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

ttt

My mistake. I must be thinking of an other mauling.

Are presas part mastiff? I didn't think they had that dark muzzle, but I guess they do..

Here's my guys when they were smaller.

**"A "pitbull" is a grouping of breeds to describe pitfighting dogs.
An American Pitbull Terrier is a breed.
That dog looks like a presa boxer mix, by the dark muzzle with white. And it looks to be on the juice!
Also, the Aryan brother hood thing you're talking about in SF was a Bull Mastiff."

This is exactly what the "humane" oriented groups would like the public to believe. The American Pit Bull Terrier (APBT) is known by a variety of names; pit bull, bulldog (by dog men), pit bull terrier, pit bulldog, etc. It is ONE breed and it is officially recognized by the American Dog Breeders Association and the United Kennel Club as The American Pit Bull Terrier.

For years the humane orgs have tried to classify any dog "with a short coat and muscular build" as a "pit bull type" dog. This has resulted in the bite statistics for "pit bulls" being greatly inflated. We can argue as to whether the American Staffordshire Terrier and the APBT are the same breed or not. However, we should NEVER allow the enemies of this breed to define it.

Also, the only dog that is fought seriously and with any consistency is the APBT. As someone else has already pointed out the SF dogs were Presa?s.

Good post, BadRed. Good insight. I agree.

'Also, the Aryan brother hood thing you're talking about in SF was a Bull Mastiff. "

Wrong

http://www.courttv.com/trials/dogmaul/background-a_intro.html

presa's are beautiful. I love all mastiffs and bull breeds. Cane Corsos, Dogo Argentinos, and Fila Brasilieros are also powerful, handsome dogs.

^^ I already corrected myself on that one. There was a false report early when that happened, I think, or someone else got eaten by a bull mastiff.

i have a chowchow/shar-pei mix and she is the best!

"Also, the only dog that is fought seriously and with any consistency is the APBT.."

Actauly that is not correct. Tosas are fought very regularly in Japan. Bully Kudas are fought regularly in Pakistan. That ABPTs are better fighters doesn't mean that other breeds are not regularly used.

Glad to see that my favorite breed hasn't made an appearance on this thread. I wont mention it since I hope that they stay as unknown and undiscovered as possible. Popularity is the sure fire road to a breed being ruined, or at least greatly damaged.

EDIT I just noticed some one mentioned it :(

^^ Over breeding?

I should mention I am not against pit bulls in anyway. My brother had a one that I loved to death. People who cannot handle a powerful dog with a high drive or make them vicious have ruined the breed.

^^ Or people that want them specifically so they look tough. APBT terrier is prob. the most loyal dog out there and would do anything for you.

A bad owner can turn that into a horrible situation. Also, their high drive, like you said, means you have to be extra careful around other animals.

Oddly enough my brothers pit loved other dogs and cats, but wasn't to good around strangers.