Undergound roll call. What's your current work-out routine/diet/suppliment routine?

Sugar addict to the Max bro.
Grew up super poor and my dad worked for Pepsi so we ONLY drank expired pop we got for free. My family members are all 250 plus and no one is over 5’6”. I really do believe that was what started the weight incline for my family. Luckily for me I was 4 sports athlete so I wasn’t big as a kid. Had my last fight in 2013 or 2014 at 135. 6 months later I weighed 225lbs, it was so disgusting. Bout 165 now.
I don’t know many people who aren’t addicted to sugar

1 Like

Man, I allow myself exactly two Zevia cola’s a day. IDK if you’ve heard of them, but they’re zero calorie soda with stevia as sweetener. They’re vegan (not that I’m a vegan) but if there’s such a thing as a “healthy soda” this is it… and they’re so sweet to the point of almost being too much. It’s a nice substitute if you’re looking for one. I also like their ginger ale too.

2 Likes

I do strength training 3-5 times a week. I dont try to lift heavy any more. Dumbbells, kettlebells, and I use a beater bar with a landmine attachment. Squats and deadlift yes, but not trying to lift heavy (im 45)

I do boxing drills 3-4 times a week as well. I have a heavy bag in my basement.

I should run more but I hate running

I used to do a lot of plyometric stuff but I’ve kind of given that up as I’ve gotten older

Coming to terms with the fact im not 30 anymore

I was doing pretty strict keto diet for about a year and a half until the pandemic hit. I’d given up beer for the most part, I was just doing goslings diet ginger beer and rum (dark and stormys) or Tito’s and soda

Towards the end of the summer last year though I basically just said fuck it. And started letting things creep back in my diet especially candy

Still not doing bread or pasta or anything too high in carbs though.

Just turned 60. My goal is health and fitness

I gravitate towards continuous movement (circuit) type exercise around 5 or 6 times a week. I’m a believer, especially for my age, that “grease the grove” is necessary to stay injury free.

I utilize calisthenics (burpee variations and pull-ups mostly) and KB swings. Light resistance with high reps.

1 Like

Ive gotten my kids into boxing a bit, they love it. They want to listen to the Rocky 4 soundtrack constantly lol. Got them some kid sized gloves to use on the bag

2 Likes

Damn man sounds like a recipe for health problems. Good for you doing no sugar at all, that shit is hard. I didn’t have a parent who worked for a soda plant but my mom was a single parent who struggled to make ends meet, and she rarely cooked. Mostly it was “fin for yourself” which meant as a kid I ate all the pop tarts, frozen pizzas, sugar bread, and any sweets I wanted. Naturally that gave me zero ability to understand what a meal was as well as a sugar addiction.

I am not completely off sugar but if you saw what I ate for the first 20 years of my life you’d be impressed by where I’m at now. I do drink coffee in the mornings and some juice in the afternoon. I occasionally have waffles or pancakes in the morning but aside from that my sugar comes from fruits. I’ve just gradually reduced my sugar intake for the last 7-8 years.

1 Like

I saw that at the store, never tried it. I like to drink ginger ale and it helps my stomach but I just read this shit has high fructose corn syrup, so now I have to find an alternative. It’s been about 6 years since I’ve regularly drank soda, I allow myself 20 oz of coke on Saturday nights (watching fights) and that’s it. I find that rewarding myself like this helps to curb my sugar problem.

1 Like

Good work man. Shit is not easy to cut out of your life

1 Like

Thanks. Definitely not, lol.

1day running 10-12km
2day bike40-70km or shoulders/upper back
3day touching heavy or double bag
4day squatting, lower back(lightly)
5day could be running again lol or bike
6day working with boxing bags
7day some times off or i do body parts that dont feel tired
And yoga almost every day but not full cycle, lighty stretching hamstrings or core muscles, doing a lot of shoulders stretching with stick(used to swim a lot) and nowdays sometimes,
If i do squats i will do lower back and all sorts of excersises for legs and knees
I dont have fixed schedule but i try to do squatting once a week, and after squatting my legs feels like it should do some running or bike riding lol,
I eat everything, but mostly healthy food, junk food makes me feel “sick”
Mostly eggs,nuts,buckwheat, curd 9%fat, bananas,apples, few times a week protein shake, d vitamin with omega3-6, mineral vitamins(magnesium kalcium others…), b vitamin complex,
That is just a base, and i like to experment with food and excersises
Almost 30yo, 79kg, 186cm

1 Like

My wife is training for a marathon and keeps trying to get me back into running.

I should, but I just hate running. I’ve never experienced this mythical “runner’s high” i hear about. It just makes me angry.

3 Likes

Trenboloni Sandwiches

Oh y’all, I forgot something on my OP. Probably the most important piece to my puzzle… every Friday I get a pizza… and eat the whole mother hemping thing by myself. GOTTA have one cheat meal a week to put off any other cravings. And I"m only 5"7 180 lbs… and I eat that shit like I’m on a mission. Ha!

2 Likes

You need to get used to it(heart become stronger and squats helps a lot too)and with empty stomatch too(preferable), a two months later you will catch yourself running with smile, like running is the only way to feel alive again (or some kinda drugs makes it too), something like weed but no lags, your brains working 100%, i choose to run without music and there is no people/cars around
Didnt knew know about “runners high” but now i understand what happens lol, i get that high then riding bike too

Oh, it’s not like I’ve never run before.

Used to do HIIT treadmill running all the time, Ive done 10ks, run inside and out…I just don’t enjoy it, and the older i get, the less I enjoy it.

I’ve never run with a smile, it just makes me angry and cranky

Sir, I agree with you. I used to do 5 mile runs to warm up before class and I’ve always hated road work. I’ve been doing lots of kettle bell flows to supplement my cardio lately and the weight is coming off nicely. In fact my cardiologist and I were just discussing this and he’s saying that the old thinking was cardio was better for heart health but all the data they’ve been seeing shows negligible differences between cardio and strength training in terms of cardiovascular health.

The only way I actually enjoy running is outdoors, but I’ve never particularly enjoyed running. The only times I ran were with a clear objective in mind (scoring in basketball or soccer) so I didn’t understand how I was supposed to just run for no reason. After my competitive basketball days were over, I struggled to stay in shape, not realizing how basketball was nearly 100 percent of my fitness. I eventually started running and it became my new obsession because it always kept me shape. In that sense I love it. But I’ve never really loved the act of running. I’ve done plenty of treadmill work and it’s pretty dreadful. Nature makes it tolerable.

Age 44:
Perfect week - I try getting as many weeks like This in as possible.

Monday: ASHIHARA KARATE 18:30-20:30
Tuesday: Weights Chest-back
Wednesday: (lunch sparring) 45 min

• weight bicep/tricep 19:30-21
    Thursday: KICKBOXING 18:30-20
    Friday: stretching / rest
    Saturday: Sparring - pads atleast 2/4 saturdays/month or full bodyweight circuit at home
    Sunday : weights legs, + deadlift + shoulders.

Before weights I warmup with skiprope 5min + 3-5 rounds on the heavybag - working through all our combos.

Not every week is like This but if We have 52 weeks atleast 35 Will look like that. The other 17 has adjustments because of family life….

1 Like

Running a marathon is actually very very bad for your knees and lower back. Human beings are not meant to run for that long or far

So no offense to your wife, but I’ve always lol’d at these people who run marathons. They’re actually hurting themselves in the long run