Underground Propaganda

Your Olympic hero got schooled in the art of grappling.

Learn to live ´with that fact!

The funnny thing about this is for me is that I train at a Royce Gracie BJJ school, I think Royce is a great fighter and have lots of respect for what he and BJJ has done for the martial arts.

But for some of his followers to go around saying that this fight somehow proves that Judo sucks and that BJJ is far superior is just bullshit uttered by insecure children. There is also no reason to censor people with different opinions by deleting their posts. The censorship proves that they are insecure with their opinions and need to shut people up in order to win arguments, total pussies.

It seems to me the facts of the fight are:

1) Royce Gracie outwitted Yoshida by shedding the Gi and changing his fighting style a bit. Brilliant.

2) Royce kicked Yoshida in the nuts, I believe it was intentional since he knew a penalty could not determine the outcome of the fight.

4) Royce was better prepared for the fight both mentally and physically and dominated the second round of the fight. Yoshida did better in the 1st round but not enough to offset what happened in the 2nd.

5) The fight was a draw with Royce having the edge. However this is not a "beatdown" or "total domination" as the fools in the UG forum are claiming. In saying things like this they make themselves look stupid and show that they have absolutely no credibility.

If any of you get sick of it here come on over to the newly upgarded Jundoinfo.com forums, not many bjj trolls there but there are people that take both Judo and BJJ and respect both arts and fighters.

http://www.judoinfo.com/discuss/

Ben, you would not believe the hatred threads like that put in some people...They get so mad they cant even understand simple sentences anymore. They twist everything out of blind fury.

I have like 6 fulltime online stalkers from those threads...NONE of these guys have even fought before but talk down to me like I'm some clueless child.... ..

I have Guys who follow me around the forum posting lies about me backing out of fights, getting tapped by people I didn't,etc, they spam my e-mails, impersonate me on other sites, call my cell, make up lies to try and paint me in a bad light, post false "news" stories,etc..etc, etc,etc.

I have never done anything to warrant the attacks I get. I have an aggresive personality, I guess they cant handle that..

I have been on this forum since it's inception, since back before the submissionfighting.com days, and I'll be here after the haters are gone...I can never be beaten because I never stay down..

Flopsybunny, well said.

my God, it was a match and everyone is giving pride and all these companies exactly what they want...

truth be told, it is a win win for everyone involved...

IMO, Yoshida has demonstrated over and over again his athletic ability, as have Gracie and most MMA fighters...

trash talking is just a way to stir the pot, like in boxing...

my old wrestling coach used to say with conviction...

"SWEARING IS A STRONG WAY TO SHOW A WEAK MIND"..

you can take from it what you want...

Hypocracy is strong and memory selective on the UG. Saying the majority of the UG consists of 12 year olds is an insult to 12 year olds.

I have been a member of this forum since its inception. Just take a look at my post count - that should tell you something. I am a BJJ player, and I know where the techniques I am learning come from. It would be nice to engage in some dialogue, but there is definitely too much hostility on the UG. So I just lurk.

I do post on the BJJ Forum - there are definitely more mature (and real) students over there.

I can't speak for anyone else who was deleting anything, but myself i was only deleting anything blatently disrespectful to Yoshida or Royce or anyone else.It's not often the message, it's all in the delivery.

"Seems that the fight was a draw and that now equals a Royce win, if you disagree you are censored"

I disagree, many people have stated over and over it's just a draw and those threads are still up.Unfortunately the incendiary trolling threads always get the biggest reactions and push away many good threads.There are plenty of threads disagreeing with everything that are still up, like i said it's the delivery of the message.

Quincy, in all honesty i had no idea any of that got to you.You've always been one to speak up about how none of that bothers you, and come across like you enjoyed the banter from them.There have been many times i wanted to do something or was about to, but held off because i felt that you didn't want anything done, that you were dealing with them in your own way.I also didn't want to give them any fuel to start up the "the mods are protecting so and so" bullcrap that always starts whenever anything is deleted or taken care of.I just don't see a big BJJ bias, i greatly enjoyed Quincy's reposting of Maeda'a story and the Judo history threads as many others did.It's unfortunate that more don't make such threads.

I also don't hit the UG much either though, it's because it would take me all day, every day, to try and keep control of the nonsense.

"But for some of his followers to go around saying that this fight somehow proves that Judo sucks and that BJJ is far superior is just bullshit uttered by insecure children"

100% correct.I deleted a lot of idiots posting anti Judo stuff.

Thanks for the message I appreciate you taking time to explain your perspective. I apologize for my rashness.

No apology needed, i apologise for not getting to this sooner.I hate for anyone to feel there is a bias or agenda.I know we are far from perfect but i just want you to know there is an effort there.

"Quincy, in all honesty i had no idea any of that got to you.You've always been one to speak up about how none of that bothers you, and come across like you enjoyed the banter from them.There have been many times i wanted to do something or was about to, but held off because i felt that you didn't want anything done, that you were dealing with them in your own way.I also didn't want to give them any fuel to start up the "the mods are protecting so and so" bullcrap that always starts whenever anything is deleted or taken care of.I just don't see a big BJJ bias, i greatly enjoyed Quincy's reposting of Maeda'a story and the Judo history threads as many others did.It's unfortunate that more don't make such threads."

If you let people know it bothers you, they do it 10x over..That is just how sick people are. I have very thick skin when it comes to talking shit about me, but attacks on my dojo, my team mates and my instructor really piss me off. I owe them an apology for bringing this shit on them...

I have tried to add quality threads over the last year and a half, every single one of them have been ruined by trolls...Not fighters, not real guys who train, trolls..

The Maeda stuff was a mountian of retyping, I did it to be constructive but the trolling on the threads made me sick and I chose to stop sharing for that reason and really dont have a desire to make threads like those anymore. If you remember I used to make technique threads everyday for years. The trolls put an end to that, why even write anything if it just ends up an argument with phantoms?

"No apology needed, i apologise for not getting to this sooner.I hate for anyone to feel there is a bias or agenda.I know we are far from perfect but i just want you to know there is an effort there."

I don't think there is anything wrong with being biased, we all have our preferences, just a resonable amount of fairness is enough.

Thank you Spanks for informing the judo forum.

Apparently it was a moderator named Musashi that was deleting all the posts

If that is true then Musashi needs to give back his status of red name. He doesn't deserve it.

Quincy, i hear ya.Lots of people feel the same way, unfortunately the loudest ones are the idiots wrecking stuff.We mods really need to buckle down and stand our ground when it comes to that stuff.The endless arguments with them make me and many others not want to even checkout the UG very much, or it makes preventing some of the BS too much of a headache.We mods need to be on the same page and hopefully when the new forum is in place (i was just told it's looking like tomorrow, you're the first to know) the mods will have a place to discuss certain people and what actions to take and be able to stand by them as a whole.Hopefully it'll allow us more freedom but also be able to take a harder stance on the obvious trolls.

I wanna say "don't let them win" when it comes to the informative posts, but i also understand very well that it's really not worth the hassle usually, which sucks.

"my God, it was a match and everyone is giving pride and all these companies exactly what they want..."

I've said the same thing more than once, Wayland. It's funny how so many people can be so blind as to how they are being manipulated by the hype and marketing.

"truth be told, it is a win win for everyone involved..."

Exactly, it's all about the money and generating interest in more matches and thus more money from ticket, PPV, and video sales, let alone seminars, etc.

snip...

trash talking is just a way to stir the pot, like in boxing...

my old wrestling coach used to say with conviction...

"SWEARING IS A STRONG WAY TO SHOW A WEAK MIND"..

you can take from it what you want... "

Ad hominum attacks are the last resort of a weak and lazy mind, or of a person who is not willing to admit he is wrong.

Ben Reinhardt

"Ben, you would not believe the hatred threads like that put in some people...They get so mad they cant even understand simple sentences anymore. They twist everything out of blind fury.
I have like 6 fulltime online stalkers from those threads...NONE of these guys have even fought before but talk down to me like I'm some clueless child.... .. "

That's amazing, Q. Those guys must not have much of a life if they have time to stalk and harass you.

"I have Guys who follow me around the forum posting lies about me backing out of fights, getting tapped by people I didn't,etc, they spam my e-mails, impersonate me on other sites, call my cell, make up lies to try and paint me in a bad light, post false "news" stories,etc..etc, etc,etc. "

The whole MMA game seems to me to be based mostly and appealing to the lowest common denominator. This is not to say that mma'ists are not legit athletes and fighters, but the whole set up (marketing, promoting, etc.)seems designed to appeal to testosterone hyped adolescents.

"I have never done anything to warrant the attacks I get. I have an aggresive personality, I guess they cant handle that.."

Maybe they feel threatened by the fact that your posts use documented facts to back up your opinions, and most of the guys who rail against you probably are still in jr. high? Regarding your aggressive personality, come one, Q., that's just marketing hype!

Ben R.

Spankenstyne, has Musashi lost his moderator status yet? I hope Kirik just bans him permanently.

I'm glad to see that mods are taking an interest in policing the UG. For a while there it seemed that the UG was basically ignored by mods.

I never moderate there because I am afraid I'd be accured of bias, being that I normally hang out here. Besides, who has that much time to use policing a bunch of professional trolls?

Ben R.

"Royce Gracie outwitted Yoshida by shedding the Gi and changing his fighting style a bit. Brilliant. "

I didn't realize until I saw that post, that royce didn't wear a gi in the fight? That's interesting.

Ben, Musashi is still a moderator.

"I never moderate there because I am afraid I'd be accured of bias, being that I normally hang out here. Besides, who has that much time to use policing a bunch of professional trolls?"

Exactly, but at the same time it's also the reason its gets so out of hand at times.Everyone feels the same way.Believe me the posts of yours i've read show you to be a fair and rational man.Everyone has some bias in them, but most can also put that aside to be fair or at least try to be fair.It's what i try to do, i figure the effort is what's most important.

Don't be afraid to police the UG, if we all make a small effort time wise, it'll all add up and help keep the place clean and mostly troll free.Nobody has the time or ungodly sanity to take care of it on their own.They can't accuse us of bias if we are all in on it.

Anywhoo keep up the good work, you guys do an awesome job in here.

Spanky.