Underrated BJJers...

Can you guys give me some names of guys I should be watching, but probably don't know who they are? I'm a no-gi guy, but I appreciate jacket jits just the same, so I'll definitely research all the names you have to offer. Here's a list of who I currently follow:

Mike Fowler, Ryan Hall, Jeff Glover, Sim Go, JT Torres, Marcelo, Saulo, Xande, Cobrinha, etc... well shit, there's a ton more. Please post names of guys that you think I may not have heard of.

Thanks for your help.

Fabio Gurgel

Lucas Lepri, Gustavo Campos, Braulio Estima

Thanks guys... anyone else?

I'll go check out some videos tonight.

flavio almeida...just beat lovato recently.

How about Kron Gracie, Cobrinha, Chris Moriarty, Raphael Mendes, Robson Moura, Roger Gracie...

tarsis humphreys.. romulo barral.. bill cooper..

anthony perosh

For a prime example of how "core" BJJ techniques work at the highest level, check out Roger Gracie.

For some awesome no gi explosiveness and aggressive guard passing / attack, check out Jacare. Also in this category - Wilson Reis and Justin Rader (Rader is an awesome example of what happens when a wrestler has awesome BJJ fundamentals).

Finally, for slick wizardry, check out Robson Moura (he's beaten both Glover and SimGo in no gi before, I'm sure you can find video of this floating around somewhere).

DiamondDan - How about Kron Gracie, Cobrinha, Chris Moriarty, Raphael Mendes, Robson Moura, Roger Gracie...

Been following Kron, Cobrinha, Roger, and Moura... but I'll have to check out Moriarty and Mendes. Thanks man.

You know what... esila has a great idea!!!

Can you guys tell me what it is about these guys that you like the most, so I'll know what to look for? If you've been studying these guys and have noticed little nuances, it'll save me hours of research if you can relay your discoveries (or well known facts that I may not know yet).

Ex: Marcelo BECAUSE: Sick arm drag/back taking game, ridiculous with guillotines, phenomenal base, etc.

Thanks again. I've looked up quite a few so far, and all of you guys are right... some sick dudes.

esila - For a prime example of how "core" BJJ techniques work at the highest level, check out Roger Gracie.

For some awesome no gi explosiveness and aggressive guard passing / attack, check out Jacare. Also in this category - Wilson Reis and Justin Rader (Rader is an awesome example of what happens when a wrestler has awesome BJJ fundamentals).

Finally, for slick wizardry, check out Robson Moura (he's beaten both Glover and SimGo in no gi before, I'm sure you can find video of this floating around somewhere).

Thanks esila. I've seen video of all of these guys... but I'll have to admit, I'll need to watch more tape on Robson Moura. The only vid I've seen of him was his match against Glover, which he won after proving that he isn't human and neither is his knee. I'll look up some more stuff.

javi if he competes again,ricky lundell.but you have so many guys that dont compete or when they do lose by a point or advantage.chris holdsworth lost to mendes 6 to 4 last yr at brown belt.

Leo and Ricardo Vieira.

Margarida. His basics are second to none.

Rickson

The only one you'll ever need to know...

;)

oh, for Margarida its always on his knee through passes and his collar chokes. He catches LOTS of high level guys with chokes.

WOW, I've never heard of ANY of these guys. Keep the names coming!

Antonio Braga Neto - won the hvwt division in the mundials last year (at black belt, after previously winning it a white, blue, purple and brown), hvwt and open in the no-gi worlds and hvwt and worlds in the '09 Pan Ams, at 22 years old. Unbelievably technical, and most people interested in bjj have never heard of him.

Sergio Moraes, Nino Schembri, Leozinho Viera, Andre Galvao