Underrated BJJers...

NO Lloyd Irvin guy can be underrated because Lloyd tries so hard to overrate them.

Jorx - NO Lloyd Irvin guy can be underrated because Lloyd tries so hard to overrate them.

good one...

Raphael Mendes just beat Robson and Cobrina at a gi tourny overseas. If you watch some of his stuff on youtube, he and his brother are just sick. Great technique and always finishing. Another is Felipe Costa from Brasa. Excellent tactician. Although alot of these guys are far from underrated, they are actually some of the best around. Comprido is another from Brasa who is like a 7/8x Worlds champion and 2x absolute champion. But, watch out for Braulio Estima...I think he'll make huge waves this year at worlds. He triangled Marcelo at the same tourny overseas. Wilson Reis, Megaton, Bruno Malfacine, and one of my favorites...Eduardo Telles.

Why must people refer to at as "jits" is bjj not short enough?

Alexandre "Pulga" Pimentel - unreal BJJ / 7-0 in MMA

Underrated American BJJ Player - Marcos Terrogrosa

shen - WOW, I've never heard of ANY of these guys. Keep the names coming!
LOL.Only one name you need to know bro............Master Shen

Really a great BJJer is American Rick Macauley from Team Balance.

If you wanna check out awesome vids of whoever you want go to www.jiujitsushare.com

Bruno Frazzato. This is one of the best guys in his weight division and always seems to be overlooked.

zak maxwell

I'm assuming that you just want some names you haven't heard of rather than our opinions of people who are underrated. Giving you names you haven't heard of really depends on how little you know about BJJ. Also, if you are only asking about black belts or if you want some up and comers also.

You could throw out a million names but I assume most people know them at this point. Obviously there are names that could be thrown out that you should definitely check out, some of which were already mentioned. Check out Ricardo Vieira, Finfou (Alan do Nascimento), Sergio Moraes, Tarsis Humphreys, Chris Moriarty, Marcel Louzado, Romulo Barral, Otavio Souza, Victor Estima, Cyborg (Roberto Abreu), Alexandre de Souza, Bill Cooper, the Mendes brothers, etc.

How about some brown belts like JT Torres, Bruno Tostes, Gunnar Nelson, Ian McPherson, Arman Barros, and Stephen Hall are all very good and should all do really well in their divisions as well as the absolute.

Some of the younger black belts like Michael Langhi, Rodolfo Vieira, Gustavo Dias, and Leo Santos will make waves in their respective divisions this year as well, imo.

hes already pretty famous and highly rated but i think bill cooper, for me, is the most exciting grappler to watch.

whether its gi or gi less, he can play any facet of the game, and do it technically, and with athleticism. and hes always going for the win.

i hope he does the worlds this year

ttt

so i guess none of the people listed in this thread are actully underrated.

Thanks again everyone. I haven't had time to watch video on all of these guys, but I'm working on it. I really appreciate it.