*Understand the Psychosis of Fedor Fans*

First off, Fedor is a good fighter. A good person. I like Fedor. And I seriously doubt anyone in MMA or on this forum dislikes Fedor. Fedor is good people.

With that said, let's talk the anomaly that is known as Fedor's FANS.

And let us diagnose it in a new light, so that we can truly understand the inner workings of this rare Psychosis. Let us discuss the logistics and the mechanics that lay behind it.

Rules of being a Fedor fan: (subject to change, as new anomalies pop up over the course of time)

1. Believe he is the GOAT, when in reality he isn't/never was.

2. Call anyone who disagrees with #1 a Troll, idiot, Fedor hater, Zuffa shill, a "non-MMA fan", or an MMA newb.

3. Rely on emotion more than logic. Become very nostalgic and sensitive.

4. When someone owns you with facts or logic, resort to your emotions by writing a lengthy, wordy response detailing how you remember watching Fedor's career 10 years ago, and how it made you feel, and how that somehow, in your mind, makes him the GOAT.

5. When you run out of things to say to people who disagree with you, repeat rule #2.

These kind of Fedor fans are a dying breed. And the sad part is... they aren't really even "fans". The true Fedor fans realize that he was a good fighter, but not the GOAT (obviously) and they don't hurt his legacy by continually and insistently acting like a crazy person and making delusional claims about Fedor.

There are alot of good people on this forum, and alot of common sense going around this week. I like it. And in the light of fedor's most recent loss, my faith in this forum has been a bit restored.

I meant to make the title "Understanding the Psychosis of Fedor Fans" woops

I disagree with your assertion that Fedor is clearly NOT the GOAT. I think he has a very good argument for that spot, as do a handful of other guys.

That said, the rest is spot on.

very well put OP Phone Post

While GOAT at heavyweight can be argued for Fedor I do agree with pretty much everything else in the thread. The last week has definatly proven it.

caliphornia - First off, GSP is a good fighter. A good person. I like GSP. And I seriously doubt anyone in MMA or on this forum dislikes GSP. GSP is good people.

With that said, let's talk the anomaly that is known as GSPs FANS.

And let us diagnose it in a new light, so that we can truly understand the inner workings of this rare Psychosis. Let us discuss the logistics and the mechanics that lay behind it.

Rules of being a GSP fan: (subject to change, as new anomalies pop up over the course of time)

1. Believe he is the GOAT, when in reality he isn't/never was.

2. Call anyone who disagrees with #1 a Troll, idiot, GSP hater, Zuffa shill, a "non-MMA fan", or an MMA newb.

3. Rely on emotion more than logic. Become very nostalgic and sensitive.

4. When someone owns you with facts or logic, resort to your emotions by writing a lengthy, wordy response detailing how you remember watching GSP's career 10 years ago, and how it made you feel, and how that somehow, in your mind, makes him the GOAT.

5. When you run out of things to say to people who disagree with you, repeat rule #2.

These kind of GSP fans are a dying breed. And the sad part is... they aren't really even "fans". The true GSP fans realize that he was a good fighter, but not the GOAT (obviously) and they don't hurt his legacy by continually and insistently acting like a crazy person and making delusional claims about GSP.

There are alot of good people on this forum, and alot of common sense going around this week. I like it. And in the light of GSP's most recent string of decision wins, my faith in this forum has been a bit restored.
Fixed...

What if:

1. I believe Fedor is the GOAT
2. I understand if you think Silva, GSP, or Sakuraba are instead. After all, it's all subjective.
3. I rely on logic much more than emotions.
4. I never get owned on the subject.

I think a better thread would be to understand the psychosis of Dana fans.

Fedor has some out there fans, but there are other fighters who's fans are overdrawn. But this can be the case with many sports and their "favorites" its like trying to get someone to convert religions at times but its common in sports. What I really cant understand the folks who are Dana "fans", those are the folks I am not understanding.

mdh2k10 - fedor:

more top ten wins than any other hw

13 fights won by beating opponent at their strength

5'11"

villafied by everyone for not fighting in the UFC

Anderson:

undefeated in the UFC

made a career primarily outstriking grapplers

6'3" and fought at 170 and 185

GSP:

cleaned out division

stands with grapplers, grapplers with strikers

accused of greasing by several fighters

GSP and Anderson fought legit top contenders who were established in a legit organization which happens to also be the best organization in the world.

Fedor fought mostly non-legit competition who were established in a fallacy organization that has been revealed for putting on works, not drug testing any fighters, and putting on freakshows, etc

So, your post does nothing in proving that fedor is somehow the GOAT.

Anderson and GSP are 20x better than fedor. Anderson is so much better than fedor that it's not even funny. So to somehow think fedor is the greatest fighter jn the world of mma, as Dana would say, is ludicrous. In fact there are many more UFC fighters who would e closer to being the GOAT than fedor ever was. Fedor is good. Is he the GOAT? not even close. Phone Post

^pff, this is crappy trolling man, anderson & gsp 20x better! fedor not fighting legit competition!

You may be right in calling it a psychosis.

I have been an mma fan since UFC 4. I watched all the Pride shows close to when they happened. It seems pretty clear that Fedor was an outstanding fighter in his prime. But looking back at the level of his competition and the fact he never fought in the UFC, it's quite a leap of faith to call him the GOAT. There will always be people swinging on his nuts. At this point though I can't really think of any fighter who is the clear cut GOAT. Fedor definitely isn't it.

Weird, I'm a Fedor fan and I see his as a fighter that one of the greatest runs in MMA and has now lost 3 fights (badly) in a row.  If thats "psychosis" then how do you describe the posters that create threads specifically and intentionally designed to irritate the "psychotic" group (of which apparently I'm a member of even though you can read my description and view of Fedor in the first sentence of this post).

To sum up my post:  I've stated my view on Fedor (as a Fedor Fan) and I've asked a follow up question.  I await your answer.

Fedor was definitely GOAT in his Pride days. Pride HW talent pool was better than the UFC's. Pride was the larger organization. But after Pride, when Fedor did not fight in the best MMA organization, and fought various weight classes, his rankings dropped.

Now the current GOAT is Anderson and it may well pass to GSP or possibly someone else in the future. The UFC has nearly all the top ranked fighters...although HW is pretty sparse compared to WW or LHW divisions, the pool is deep enough.

I see that lionsoul went beyond cretard, poor child.

How can there be more than one goat

There are no GOATS of an era.  Otherwise they'd be GOTES.  Homonyms do not apply here.

GOAT in a sport that is officially less than 20 years old.
LMAO.

Greatest HW of his Era, which has been and passed.

Interesting that the same ant-Fedor guys were sold on Brock Lesnar as the greatest ever after crushing a can, decisioning a past his prime gatekeeper, and then pounding out a man whose made a career out of getting pinned on his back and getting his head bashed in.

donttazemebro - How can there be more than one goat

Progression

The old GOAT gets replaced as the new guy surpasses his accomplishments. MMA is such a young sport that no GOAT ever lasts for long. MMA has yet to produce it's Babe Ruth. We're still working our way through the MMA equivalents of Ross Barnes, Cap Anson and Cy Young.

Working through the Cy Young's?  So there are records being set today that over one hundred years from now will never EVER even be approached?