Undeserved Title Shots

Earlier tonight I was talking to a friend of mine, he’s a t wood fan and we were talking about the Woodley/Lawler fight and how I think its absolute bullshit that he got the shot over maia, wonderboy even magny. 

So after that convo I started looking at the upcoming and recent title shots 

Wilson Reis fighting mighty mouse, admittedly this one has more to do with DJ clearing the division… beating 5 of the 7 guys ranked above him, some twice. Still, Reis is 1-1 in his last 2 literally one fight removed from being worked over by formiga.

UFC 199 is a perfect example, Bisping I don’t have an issue with as he’s stepping in last minute but weidman shouldn’t have even have been scheduled to fight, he was soundly beat by rockhold and should’ve been forced to work his way back up. Faber, king of the undeserved shots gets another one. In his last three he’s got a competitive fight against saenz who I believe was unranked at the time, a dominating loss to Edgar, and a bullshit win against Rivera where he got beat up in round 1 and then gouged his eyes in round two then attacked while he was injured and submitted him 

Woodley coming off a split decision win that most think he lost, over Gastelum who was hospitalized the day before, a KO of dong, an ass whopping of a loss from Rory, and a fluke injury win against Condit who was starting to take over the fight. He could easily be 1-3 in his last 4 fights. Not to mention he decided to be a baby and sit out and during that time Maia beat 4 top 10-15 guys, and you have someone like wonderboy who has 6 wins straight including KO’s off the former champ, a contender at 185 in whittaker, ellenberger, and a unanimous decision over cote. 

Alvarez is fighting RDA after getting his ass kicked by cowboy, getting a gift decision over Melendez, and wrestlefucking pettis. Meanwhile the most exciting guy in the division ferguson who hasn’t lost in almost 5 years, 7 straight wins, 5 finishes, is forced to take a fight with the #9 guy in the division.

DC/Jones Meisha/Nunes Joanna/Claudia Aldo/Frankie (although I would’ve liked to see Max/Frankie) are fine

Now lets look at the recent ones 

The mother of all bull shit shots, Gustafson vs cormier after coming off of a BRUTAL knockout loss to rumble. 

As much as I love condit, and I think he beat Lawler in that fight…. dude was 2-3 in his last 5, even though one was the injury loss to woodley. 

Which shots do you think are the worst? Who would you like to see get a crack?

Sonnen got Jones after getting finished by Silva and not being ranked in the division. Phone Post 3.0

Maia should be fighting Lawler.
Overeem was more deserving than Miocic. Phone Post 3.0

Sonnen/Jones stands out as the worst most recent one, but I get that it sells so I'm not complaining. Phone Post 3.0

Woodley is definitely undeserving. Phone Post 3.0

Most undeserved of all time has to be Brock Lesnar. His record was 2-1 (1-1 ufc) Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Most undeserved of all time has to be Brock Lesnar. His record was 2-1 (1-1 ufc) Phone Post 3.0
I get that one as a strictly business move.

Some of these don't make any sense in any form, it's not like Woodley is a needle mover. Phone Post 3.0

serra was undeserving. in fact he should have lost the tuf finale vs lytle, but nobody from that tuf deserved a title shot anyhow

Maia is boring, they are keeping him away from the title. Phone Post 3.0

Bigtrain2681 - Sonnen got Jones after getting finished by Silva and not being ranked in the division. Phone Post 3.0
He was also the only person to take the sort notice fight then jones refused... So he deserved it by principle Phone Post 3.0

Soto vs Dillashaw in recent memory Phone Post 3.0