UNIDO Sports Management October News and Updates

Hey everyone!  Wanted to keep you up to date on all the news, updates and happenings with UNIDO Sports Management. For those of you who haven't heard of UNIDO Sports Management (pronounced: u-nee-doe Portugese meaning for UNITED) we are a full service Pro MMA Management Agency that originated in Calgary, Alberta Canada.  We also have offices in Huntington Beach, California and will be set up in Houston, Texas next month (where I spend a lot of time during the winter months).  We are always looking for new talent to sign and have great established relationships with major promotions throughout the world.  (Maximum Fighting Championship - UFC - Sengoku - Strikeforce - Heat XC - KOTC  and many more!).  

After a great weekend of fights at the Maximum Fighting Championship, we are already booking up fights for October/November and have lots of our roster competing.  I'll be sure to post dates and info throughout the week.  

Big thanks to all of our sponsors who supported our fighters in their events!!  (You can visit them anytime on our website).  Speaking of websites, we have a brand new one in the works that will be much easier to navigate through and find whatever info it is you're looking for.  

UNIDO Sports Management has also locked up some new fighters that I will be announcing in the days to come and we are always looking for more! 

Jake Hirsch

Owner/Agent

UNIDO Sports Management

www.teamunido.com

Don't call it a comeback! Whitford returns to UNIDO and looks to get back into action.  

October 4, 2009 -  UNIDO Staff

After parting ways almost a year ago, Brazilian Jiu-
Jitsu technician Jay Whitford has returned to UNIDO Sports Management.  "Unfortunately we didn't part on the best of terms, but I'm happy that we were able to re-connect and put the past behind   us.  I'm super excited to have Jay back on board and look forward to getting him back in the mix as soon as possible". 

Whitford, who holds notable wins over heavy hitters Jason Kuchera and Aaron Lofton is coming off a loss to Light Heavyweight Dwayne Lewis at MFC 21.

"After meeting with Jay and seeing his commitment to competing, I feel very confident that he will continue his climb once again towards the top". 

*For fight bookings, you can contact Steve Fader. For sponsorships, you can contact UNIDO Sports Mgt.  

UNIDO Sports Management Inc. adds some huge  depth to the welterweight division.      

October 26, 2009 -

UNIDO Sports is proud to announce the signing of up and comer David Letourneau to the agency!  David is a welterweight fighter from Thunder Bay, Ontario and has already established a great reputation in the MMA game.  "This signing made sense in so many ways" says Owner, Jake Hirsch.  "David comes from Leading Edge MMA Gym from Thunder Bay and I'm a huge supporter of Coach Matt Richer and the club he runs out there.  With sparring partners like Nathan Gunn and Matt Veal, you know David is in great company". 

David who is 1-1 in competition and holds a victory over Aaron Gallant lost an unfortunate one sided fight with Vanja Vojovdic.  "I was dominating him for the entire fight before making a rookie mistake and getting caught in a triangle" adds Letourneau.  "I'm very motivated and excited to fight".   Letourneau makes a great addition to the family and will look to step in sometime before the end of the New Year.