Uniformed Cop kicked out of OG for wearing firearm

...by the hostess. The lowest of the low in the restaurant industry. What a twat.

A uniformed Kansas City, Mo., cop hoping to celebrate his birthday with lunch at Olive Garden on Sunday was kicked out because of his duty firearm.

A hostess caught sight of Officer Michael Holsworth’s holstered handgun as he waited for his family and asked the decorated officer to leave the restaurant at once, he ranted in a Facebook post Sunday afternoon.

“I never in my wildest thoughts would of thought this would happen in the Kansas City area. I see it happening all over the United States to other officers, but never thought it would of happened to me,” he wrote after leaving the restaurant. Phone Post 3.0

problem number one with story...

...why would you go to olive garden for your bday hahaha

oh yeah waitress is a bitch...

Two things a host/hostess need to be able to their job.

1.walk
2. Tell you your servers name Phone Post 3.0

never thought it would of happened to me

what's his SN here?

No guns means no guns.

My workplace had a similar issue. Unless you're responding to a call there are places of business where you cannot carry a firearm, even if you're a police officer. In our case it was a serious safety issue, we didn't mean to be dicks, but was real and didn't engender a positive response from the police. We later got with the department and talked through the issue and they understood.

In Olive Garden, I personally wouldn't care, but if they want to make the rule, it's their house.

His first mistake was choosing fucking Olive Garden for his birthday. Was he turning 90? Their food is awful.

jcblass - His first mistake was choosing fucking Olive Garden for his birthday. Was he turning 90? Their food is awful.
Doesn't take much to derail a fragile mind. Phone Post 3.0

Some dumb bitch hostess took it upon herself to tell him to "leave immediately" since guns weren't allowed in the restaurant lol. Mind you he was in full uniform. He thought it was a joke at first. Phone Post 3.0

Damn that dude got owned by an Olive Garden hostess. What's more beta than that? Oh yeah, crying about it on FaceBook. That cop should be ashamed.

How dare you call Olive Garden the OG..

I'll give you a pass on that one, after that no warning shots Phone Post 3.0

MagSlim - No guns means no guns.

My workplace had a similar issue. Unless you're responding to a call there are places of business where you cannot carry a firearm, even if you're a police officer. In our case it was a serious safety issue, we didn't mean to be dicks, but was real and didn't engender a positive response from the police. We later got with the department and talked through the issue and they understood.

In Olive Garden, I personally wouldn't care, but if they want to make the rule, it's their house.
Elaborate how it's a safety issue. What kind of business was this? Phone Post 3.0

notsobigmike - Unless she was rude about it, I don't see what the issue was here.

He's not responding to a call, he's not there in any official capacity - he has to follow the rules the same as everyone else.

If I can't carry there, why should he?
Because he was on duty you idiot. Cops proactively stop crime from just their presence. If something went down at the Olive Garden how stupid would that be if he left his gun in the car. Some people just don't think before they talk or type. Phone Post 3.0

attjack - Damn that dude got owned by an Olive Garden hostess. What's more beta than that? Oh yeah, crying about it on FaceBook. That cop should be ashamed.

Hostess did him a favor.

Olive Garden is crap.

Alumatine -
notsobigmike - Unless she was rude about it, I don't see what the issue was here.

He's not responding to a call, he's not there in any official capacity - he has to follow the rules the same as everyone else.

Because he was on duty you idiot. Cops proactively stop crime from just their presence. If something went down at the Olive Garden how stupid would that be if he left his gun in the car. Some people just don't think before they talk or type. Phone Post 3.0
Who gives a shit if he is on duty. The restaurant did not call him there. If he wants to eat at the restaurant he needs to follow their rules.

Cops aren't special. Phone Post 3.0

Link? Phone Post 3.0

Alumatine -

Eating lunch with his wife while on duty? Phone Post 3.0

Some places require leo to carry of duty Phone Post 3.0

attjack - Damn that dude got owned by an Olive Garden hostess. What's more beta than that? Oh yeah, crying about it on FaceBook. That cop should be ashamed.
This. Fuck doing what a hostess says. Where was the manager in this? Did he request to speak to him/her? Phone Post 3.0

When you said OG, thought you meant here! Phone Post 3.0