"unique" situation with deleted thread

![](upload://rzUwn5EABVYKx6lZriL1boLM5wR.png)

![](upload://jL5kR3XmkdvsSx4QYOfTWEsnTVD.gif)

![](upload://uFlJp7Kw0WfhVWbbvp2dSfwtznn.jpeg)

![](upload://k71d8pdFdUI7cnaGdi0vaRDluPB.gif)

![](upload://o1UlbJ8LVA4dhKcIZ4CiBGFxpuK.gif)

2 Likes

3 Likes

The OG never forgets

People don't want to take their lumps and hear how they have unrealistic expectations because of an inaccurate belief system.

For everyone asking a dumb question, you can bet someone wanted to know the answer too, they just didn't ask. 

I've seen countless advice threads where hardcore lurkers would pop up because they were actual experts on the subject. 

Being "wrong" can consistently be a good thing and being "right" can be consistently terrible for you long term. 

3 Likes
DaveFu - 

/thread

What thread we talking about here Dave? 

An OGer heard his "Mary" got widowed and wanted to pull a Ben Stiller and hit her up.

![](upload://xPljWm9GXkt1bb0GK0IXGkyskN2.gif)

![](upload://kcO4ic034j1NzY76N2BjRlytBcR.gif)

He made a thread yesterday and then got it deleted because it went as expected. OP did not get told what he wanted to hear at all.

3 Likes

In

Fuck, I would have liked to see that thread

1 Like

It just irks me, I wish we had a better batting average with helping people. But there are too many things that you have to fix yourself. 

Even with the best help and constant coaching, it's at best 80% you and 20% everyone else. 

Just remember if you think the OG is tough, screwing up because you're ignorant and out of touch is 100x worse. 

1 Like

Dave, what was the jist of it?

People telling him not to do it and he wouldn't listen?

What did I miss? 

1 Like
PatK - 

Dave, what was the jist of it?

People telling him not to do it and he wouldn't listen?

She's the one that got away......I havent dated in years.....I'm not emotional. I'm over it!

*Thread deleted*

I mean it was just full of textbook romcom pollyanna thinking. 

He was setting himself up for failure and almost everyone told him that, except for a few people white knighting for him. 

2 Likes

Warning M'Lady! Warning M'Lady!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8teRxOSNHs

Is this about homeboy that wanted to hit up his "one that got away" after finding out the husband offed himself? 

If so, I have to admit, that was pretty crazy on his part lol. 

6 Likes
Devin Ratray's gf, WOOF - 

Is this about homeboy that wanted to hit up his "one that got away" after finding out the husband offed himself? 

If so, I have to admit, that was pretty crazy on his part lol. 

Can neither confirm nor deny. 

DaveFu -

People don't want to take their lumps and hear how they have unrealistic expectations because of an inaccurate belief system.

For everyone asking a dumb question, you can bet someone wanted to know the answer too, they just didn't ask. 

I've seen countless advice threads where hardcore lurkers would pop up because they were actual experts on the subject. 

Being "wrong" can consistently be a good thing and being "right" can be consistently terrible for you long term. 

I’ll start this off that even though I try not to be I quite frequently fail at taking good advice but I at least try to be open minded.

It’s not just here though, people in general don’t like following advice that requires work.  Where I currently work my branch manager has told me multiple times that things aren’t going well and he loses sleep over our branch being shut down.  I wrote up a proposal on my own time that would either solve some of the issues that he has personally come to me about (we have some serious communication issues which is essentially the main issue) or at least start putting us on the correct path.  He read it, called me at home about how amazing it was, had an hour and half meeting the next day about it and a months later he hasn’t even brought it up again except when I followed up with him.

I think it’s safe to say that our branch probably won’t survive to long and that I’m deep into a job search that hopefully in the near future will have me moving on to better things.  

RiketyRik - 
DaveFu -

I’ll start this off that even though I try not to be I quite frequently fail at taking good advice but I at least try to be open minded.

It’s not just here though, people in general don’t like following advice that requires work.  Where I currently work my branch manager has told me multiple times that things aren’t going well and he loses sleep over our branch being shut down.  I wrote up a proposal on my own time that would either solve some of the issues that he has personally come to me about (we have some serious communication issues which is essentially the main issue) or at least start putting us on the correct path.  He read it, called me at home about how amazing it was, had an hour and half meeting the next day about it and a months later he hasn’t even brought it up again except when I followed up with him.

I think it’s safe to say that our branch probably won’t survive to long and that I’m deep into a job search that hopefully in the near future will have me moving on to better things.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4EDhdAHrOg

1 Like

Thats one-itis to the extreme. Has a dead by his own hand husband, and kids from him. Fuck that noise.

1 Like

You guys are way too cynical. The OP of that thread was just looking to be a shoulder to cry on.

1 Like