United Freakshow Combat

Elite BJJ champion = not a freak show
Elite Judo champion = not a freak show
Elite wrestling champion = not a freak show (unless he also happened to be a pro wrestler)

Why would an elite boxing champion of multiple weight classes be a freak show? Despite his age, he's still very dangerous (probably why he can't get quality boxing opponents). MMA has needed the contribution from championship level boxers for a LONG time.

OP is completely correct. This is a sham signing and another sideshow attraction to fill out the ever growing circus tent that the UFC is becoming. Props to DW for aspiring to be the PT Barnum/Vince McMahon of a new generation of SUCKERS.

holly9000 - OP is completely correct. This is a sham signing and another sideshow attraction to fill out the ever growing circus tent that the UFC is becoming. Props to DW for aspiring to be the PT Barnum/Vince McMahon of a new generation of SUCKERS.

I'd like to be the PT Barnum/Vince McMahon  of anything.... 2 of best in history at their jobs.  Dana White  should take that as compliment.

And Toney in MMA is no different that Pat Barry, Hardonk, Mighty Mo, Cheick Kongo...or any other 1 dimensional guy that stepped into MMA........ no different than Karim Abraham. Brock Lesnar  or the many wrestlers when they 1st stepped into MMA......just a diff discipline...which history has shown is more less favorable for guys that lack  ground skills.....as opposed to the strikers...

Toney was the best on the planet in his art....boxing/stand up....which is a part of Mixed Martial Arts....  and is  still top 10 in world at heavyweight in boxing...

dont let ur dislike of the sport of boxing blind u...Toney can KO anyone in the heavyweight or light Heavyweight division in MMA....IF he lands... this isnt some ex football player or baseball player fighting...

Look, I'll back off on saying Kimbo isn't a freak show. Sure, he is nothing more than a youtube guy but I don't fault the guy for trying MMA.

But TONEY IS NO FREAK SHOW! The guy is one of the greatest boxers in the history of the sport. Boxing is part of MIXED martial arts.

Lots of guys are only good at BJJ and are in the UFC. Lots of guys are only good at kickboxing and are in the UFC. So why not a boxer.

Seriously, I've seen lots of BJJ blackbelts that would get destroyed by a 2-0 ammy in a Muay Thai fight, but they are there because if they can get it to the ground they have the advantage.

Remember Marquart vs Maia? 1 punch KO. Do you think that Maia is a "freakshow" because all he is good at is BJJ?

I really hope Toney comes in and KOs tonnes of guys.

Oddessa - 
holly9000 - OP is completely correct. This is a sham signing and another sideshow attraction to fill out the ever growing circus tent that the UFC is becoming. Props to DW for aspiring to be the PT Barnum/Vince McMahon of a new generation of SUCKERS.

<b> I'd like to be the PT Barnum/Vince McMahon  of anything.... 2 of best in history at their jobs.</b>  Dana White  should take that as compliment.

And Toney in MMA is no different that Pat Barry, Hardonk, Mighty Mo, Cheick Kongo...or any other 1 dimensional guy that stepped into MMA........ no different than Karim Abraham. Brock Lesnar  or the many wrestlers when they 1st stepped into MMA......just a diff discipline...which history has shown is more less favorable for guys that lack  ground skills.....as opposed to the strikers...

Toney was the best on the planet in his art....boxing/stand up....which is a part of Mixed Martial Arts....  and is  still top 10 in world at heavyweight in boxing...

<b>dont let ur dislike of the sport of boxing blind u...Toney can KO anyone in the heavyweight or light Heavyweight division in MMA....IF he lands... this isnt some ex football player or baseball player fighting...
</b>

I did mean it as a compliment. DW is a genius. I stand by my assessment of this signing too. You guys will be eating your words before too long. Toney goes nowhere in the UFC.

Like I said...