GP Amir Aliakbari vs Joao Almeida
GP Teodoras Aukstuolis vs Szymon Bajor
Charles Bennett vs Minoru Kimura
Kanako Murata vs. Kyra Batara
Gabi Garcia vs. Destanie Yarbrough

original post:

http://www.rizinff.com/en/news/20160717_5188.html

? Open weight tournament
The tournament is a 16 man elimination tournament. The opening round fights will take place on Sunday, September 25th and the 2nd and final rounds will take place on Thursday, December 29th and Saturday, 31st, respectively.

Fighters currently confirmed for the tournament are: Wanderlei Silva, Baruto, Mirko Filipovi?, and Kazuyuki Fujita.

Baruto vs. Fujita was announced for the first round, while Wanderlei Silva will enter the tournament from the second round. As for the remaining 12 spots, Rizin will continue to scout globally for the best of the best and won’t leave any stone unturned in their efforts to bring the world’s top fighters to Japan.

Opening round event details:
Organization: Rizin Fighting Federation.
Date: Sunday, September 25th.
Place: Saitama Super Arena, Japan.
Doors open: 1:30pm
Event start time: 5pm.

Fighters confirmed to appear: Hideo Tokoro, Kizaemon Saiga, Kron Gracie, Asen Yamamoto, Gabi Garcia, Kanako Murata, Mirko Filipovi?, Wanderlei Silva, Baruto, Kazuyuki Fujita and more.

Outline of event: Opening round of the 16 man open weight tournament (7 fights) and 4-6 regular fights.

Ticket information
All seating is fixed seating. Prices included GST. Infants over the age of 1 require a ticket.

VIP seats: ¥100,000 (includes special VIP gate entrance, event booklet, special merchandise, guaranteed to sit in rows 1-5)
SRS seats: ¥20,000
S seats: ¥10,000
A seats: ¥5,000

Three event package:
VIP seats: ¥200,000 (includes special VIP gate entrance, event booklet, special goods, guaranteed to sit in rows 1-5)
SRS seats: ¥40,000
S seats: ¥20,000

Rizin Fighting World Grand-Prix 2016 Open weight tournament second round event details:
Date: Thursday, December 29th

Outline of event: Quarter finals (4 fights), and 9-10 regular fights.

Rizin Fighting World Grand-Prix 2016 Open weight tournament final round event details:
Date: Saturday, 31st.

Outline of event: Semi finals and final (3 fights), and 9-10 regular fights.

I'm getting silly like its 05 Pride.

Fuck I miss those days. Can't wait

Would love to see some ufc exiles heading that way. Why not. Miss the Japan spectacles Phone Post 3.0

I'm super excited to see who will be announced for this tournament.

Don't think M1 would let Volkov enter but will Bellator let Kharitonov or Mitrione enter?

Would WSOF let Ivanov or Jordan enter?

Minakov, Pavlovich and Fedor last fought in Fight nights, Goltsov last fought in ACB, possible we could see one of these guys in the tourny.

Wait... Kron is in the open weight tourney? Phone Post 3.0

in. love Rizin

Fedor cro cop rematch

Take my money Phone Post 3.0

In. Really hoping Rizin gains traction Phone Post 3.0

HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Wait... Kron is in the open weight tourney? Phone Post 3.0

No that is a single fight outside the GP, as are the two fights listed above and below that one.

TK looked really good (for his age) last December when he beat James Thompson.

Hopefully they let TK enter.

I'd assume King Mo, Rampage, and Ishii are also possible additions.

King Mo won the first Rizin OW tournament so it only seems natural they have tried to get him to enter this one. I'm sure he gained some fame in Japan winning that tourny.

On another page on the Rizin website it looks like Wand is getting a bye into the 2nd round. I am sure due to his car accident so I don't think we see Wand until December in the 2nd round.

BJ Penn Forever -
HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - Wait... Kron is in the open weight tourney? Phone Post 3.0

No that is a single fight outside the GP, as are the two fights listed above and below that one.

I fucking love Tokoro, but he has to be about 30lbs lighter than Kron.

In.

I'm betting on a Fedor - Tito match. Huge payday plus questionable drug testing make this the perfect 'farewell' match for Ortiz.

And believe it or not this might be competitive. 

AlphaSlap - 
BJ Penn Forever -

Kron's 2nd MMA fight, vs Asen Yamamoto was at 145 lb.

Wand gets a bye into the second round.
Fujita vs Baruto is announced.
Crocop is announced.

So that leaves 11 fighters left to be announce in this 16 man tournament.

Shit that sucks we have to wait til Dec to see Wand fight. Hopefully we get some more giant people like Baruto, just not Sapp. He doesn't try anymore. How about Pudz vs Royce? Phone Post 3.0

I worry for Fujita's skull:

http://www.cracked.com/blog/worst-life-ever-the-story-of-kazuyuki-fujitas-skull/

I'd like to see something like Fedor, Maldonaldo, Rory MacDonald, Rampage, Krazy Horse, Mayhem Miller, Minakov, Joe Schilling, Cody McKenzie, Jake Shields and Pat Barry. Just a real eclectic group of guys that we have heard from before. Phone Post 3.0

The thing with Rizin at this point is we just don't know what we are going to get in terms of quality of fighters overall.

The 11 additions to this tournament could make this GP epic and highly anticipated or they could make it something everyone just wants to criticize.

The addition of Tito, Rampage, Fedor, Minakov, King Mo, Kharitonov, etc... would make this can't miss MMA.

It was rumored that Rizin was developing a streaming option for fans outside of Japan but I'm not sure if that will be ready in time for this GP.

All 11 remaining GP participants should be announced over the next 5 weeks since the event is about 7 weeks away.

BJ Penn Forever -
AlphaSlap - 
BJ Penn Forever -

Kron's 2nd MMA fight, vs Asen Yamamoto was at 145 lb.

This will be the third Gracie he has fought, no?

Tokoro the "Neo-Gracie Hunter"

Is ¥100,000 = $950.00 ?