Unpopular opinion: I don't like women's mma

jwistead - I think the hate towards womens MMA is misdirected. I hate sparring matches like Forrest vs Tito 2 and 3. The worst part is that you know it's going to be a sparring match in advance, both guys just showing up for a pay check.

I feel like some womens MMA is more prone to this. I think there's a lot of women that don't believe in their power to end the fight. So you end up with women that know full well in advance that they're fighting for a decision. Again, this is not a women thing. It's the same reason I hate Benson Henderson and Dominick Cruz... they openly talk about winning the decision in advance of the fight.

As for people claiming to be muay thai fighters... again, not a women issue. There's tons of people that claim the same thing and they just fizzle in the ring. No elbows, no knees. It's funny because I was talking about this with my wife during Jessamyn's fight... her long legs, bah gawd, if she could figure out how to throw some knees with confidence, she could be a real force, she could completely control the range (think Semmy Schilt).

Apologies if this comes across argumentative. I didn't enjoy the Jessamyn-Bethe fight either. Still I think it's important to make the distinction. As RowdyBec pointed out, I think the strawweights will show everyone what's what.

Tonight was an odd performance for Duke. She usually throws a lot of kicks, especially Semmy-style straight kicks down the middle. I'm wondering if she needs to get away from the boxing-centric training at Glendale Fight Club. They concentrate so much on the jab as a distance management tool that it seems like her kicking game has completely disappeared. She might benefit from going back to a more Muay Thai-centric gym that takes a more balanced approach.

I know what u mean and I thought most fights ended in decision but at the moment it's about 50/50 in decision or kos/subs in all the woman ufc fights so far Phone Post 3.0

Jack Brown - Penguin. Phone Post 3.0
Isn't it puffin or am I missing something? Lol Phone Post 3.0

I'm watching all the prelims on fight pass!!! It's great when ur in Asia Phone Post 3.0

I agree I don't either Phone Post 3.0