unusual submissions

Rumina Sato's flying armber over Charles Taylor.

ttt great topic

ajax11, that is certainly one of the best ever.

Gil Castillo did a rolling omapolata off a takedown attempt that was amazingly cool to see.

Robin.

I think that guillotine defence is not very good against someone who actually knows his stuff.

Frank Mir's hammer lock on Pete Williams was insane! i always try it in the gym, ive caught a few people but none the less it is a very hard submission...

the Diaz gogoplata on Gomi......definately not your average submission in
MMA

Genki Sudos flying triangle from INSIDE THE OTHER GUYS GUARD @ the Westside tournie.

If you havent seen it just think about it for a second, then check out the vid on youtube.

The rolling calf-slicer in that vid is the shit also.

Please don't post about video's on youtube without giving a link!

It's really annoying, share, children share.

xxxxxxx

Pour vous!

3.50 for the triangle through the guys guard.

4.15 for the calf slicer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIUWH-tuGGk

thanks.

anyone have the Von Flue choke or link to it being demonstrated?

It wasn't MMA, but in this canadian grappling championship, Rumina Sato had a guys back and flattened him out. The next thing you see, the guy is tapping and they said it was a "spine lock"

I was puzzled.

ttt

For DJLastCall...

Hallman2.jpg

For S2S

Genki Westside

The Bas Rutten neck crank. Horn's arm-bar over Sonnon (new to me at least).

"The Bas Rutten neck crank"

Can you explain what this is???

I probably can't describe it very well. Haven't seen it in awhile. It was in one of his Pancrase fights and Bas explains it in Bas Rutten big DVD of combat.

I think he has the right arm around the opponent's neck and the left arm around the inside of the opponent's knees. The guy's stomach is against Bas's back. Bas grabs his own inner thighs and squeezes them together which cranks the opponent's neck. Done from a seated position. If anyone can provide a better description feel free.

OK. I think I know what you are talking about. You squeeze like you want his head to touch his knees, kind of like a cradle in wrestling. Makes it very difficult to breath.