Upcoming Ring of Combat XXVI Card

Upcoming Ring of Combat XXVI Card

Posted by Dino Kostakio 

It would appear that Lou Neglia has done it again. I am very much looking forward to this upcoming September 11 card at the Tropicana in Atlantic City, NJ. Where do I begin? The middleweight title main event alone is well worth the visit! We have undefeated Victor O’Donnell of Team Walker/Vision MMA facing feared Serra/Longo striker Constantinos Phillipou. I have been awaiting Phillipou’s return ever since I watched him take out highly touted Aaron Meisner in just 2 minutes this past February. In fact, I have no doubt in my mind that this bout will be Ring of Combat’s fight of the year! Also, many exciting prospects such as John Salgado, Gian Villante, and more will be returning to climb their way through their divisions so if you haven’t bought your tickets yet, GET ON IT. I hope to see you there.

Here is the entire updated card along with some of my (highlighted) picks*:

• Roger Mamedov Vs. Liam Kerrigan
  • Lester Caslow Vs. Matthew McManmon
  • Ryan LaFlare Vs. Jose Sulsona
  • Lorenzo HoodVs. Carlos Brooks
  • John Salgado Vs. Edward Guedes
  • Gian Villante Vs. Carlton Haselrig
  • Jose Villanueva Vs. Sean Santella
  • Jeff Cressman Vs. Louis Gaudinot
  • Andrew Main Vs. Jackson Galka
  • Rafael Sapo Vs. Sean Salmon
  • Nabih Barakat Vs. Chris Schlesinger
  • Dwayne Shelton Vs. Chris Liguori
  • Rich Lictawa Vs. Ricardo Romero
  • Victor O’Donnell Vs. Constantinos Philippou

*Some fights are too close to call.

ROC always puts on a great show. I will be there earning at the craps tables before and after the fights.

A buddy of mine always wins big at that game. But he also puts down $500. "Spend big to win big" he says... but I'm afraid I'd "Spend big to lose big". lol

TTT.. solid fight card.

Great card!  I think I agree with every Kostakio pick.  Gian Villante vs. Carlton Haselrig? Dayum!

Will you guys be there?

I am with the American Steel Cage Fighting promotion which is also having a show on the 11th up in New Hampshire.  I'm bummed they are both on the same day.  I'll have to check out Lou's show on video afterwards.

So you don't have to wear Depends, because I know you shit your pants every time you see me. 

Salmon will beat Sapo. ;)

Talk about a clash of titans. Both these guys will come out guns blazing. Very interesting match-up, imo.

Kostakio - 

Talk about a clash of titans. Both these guys will come out guns blazing. Very interesting match-up, imo.

Two great camps. Serra/Longo and Bellmore Kickboxing.

Can't wait for this fight:

Victor O’Donnell Vs. Constantinos Philippou

But O'Donnell impressed me last time out so I'm gonna go with him!

I thought Romero was fighting somone else??

Arias

Kostakio - 

Jeff Cressman Vs. Louis Gaudinot
Andrew Main Vs. Jackson Galka

I'll pick Cressman and Galka.

Rivera and Kohan are out I take it?

I thought Dante Rivera was fighting Sean Salmon?

wassup Helwig?

Now I remember, Kohan was supposed to fight Rivera!!  shit that fight would have been great!

Arias

Actually it was Rivera/Salmon and Kohan/Romero.

Hey Arias.

typo....i meant romero!

bcolflesh - 
Kostakio - 

Jeff Cressman Vs. Louis Gaudinot
Andrew Main Vs. Jackson Galka

I'll pick Cressman and Galka.

Yup. Don't sleep on Philly MMA

Kohan is a beast.  I hear he got injured but don't know the details. That would have been a great fight, but the card is still stacked.