Update on Drew Fickett?? Left cage on stretcher...

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&thread=1510520&page=2

If any of you remember my post a couple days back, Drew Fickett was TKO'd (quickly) by another no-name, D-Level scrub he had no business fighting.

I just watched the video on rageinthecage.com, and it turns out he was actually taken out of the cage on a stretcher. He was conscious, but there was some blood on the mat when he was moved.

What happened was he shot in for a double leg, but was caught with a knee in the face. He dropped and immediately covered up, and his opponent landed about 10 unanswered blows to his face/side of the head before the referee mercifully stopped the fight.

He was announced as training out of 6th St. Boxing Gym here in Phoenix instead of SWMMA in Tucson, which is where he's been since his UFC days. Hopefully someone on here has an update and can provide us some insight on his well being.

wow things continue to go downhill for fickett

I talked to him the day after the fight and he thought his cheekbone and orbital were broken. He said a couple days later that he needed surgery to repair whatever was broken. He said he was taking like 6 months off. Also, it should be mentioned that the guy he lost to was 185. Drew is a small 170 now and has even fought as low as 160, so taking the fight at 185 in the first place was a bad move.

If he still training Efrain E?

Rickmassmma - I talked to him the day after the fight and he thought his cheekbone and orbital were broken. He said a couple days later that he needed surgery to repair whatever was broken. He said he was taking like 6 months off. Also, it should be mentioned that the guy he lost to was 185. Drew is a small 170 now and has even fought as low as 160, so taking the fight at 185 in the first place was a bad move.

Whoa. Hope he recovers fully and gets his head on straight, he's a damn good fighter when he's mentally prepared.

his best days were when he was with acs who got him in and to ufc. used to train w/ him sometimes and he was damn good. sad to see the way things have been goin. hope he turns it around

The Messiah - This guy must have some horrible friends and not so caring family or maybe none at all if they keep letting him get destroyed for a paycheck and abusing alcohol.

Why hasn't anyone stepped in to have him get his shit together?

What would you have them do? He's a grown man and if he's set on pissing his life away, he's going to piss his life away.

is he the guy that fought the fellow from Korea on the Shamrock v Lee fight? (replayed tonight)

williepep - is he the guy that fought the fellow from Korea on the Shamrock v Lee fight? (replayed tonight)

Yeah, Jae Suk Lim.

When Drew fought him, he was still fine then. It was actually right around that time that he started to falter. He was supposed to face Jake Shields to determine the first EliteXC Welterweight Champion, but injuries initially postponed the fight (which is why he fought Lim in the first place) and then he bizarrely took a fight in a small promotion and lost.

After that, EliteXC didn't seem to be interested in him anymore and all of this crazy stuff has happened since.

Dude was 34-5-0 and easily ranked among the top ten welterweights in the world (at one point, he was top five). Now he is 36-13-0 with eight losses in his last ten fights. Unbelievable.

I hope the best for Drew, but based on the parts of his life that have been made public he should be monitored very closely during his recovery. If he has half the addictive personality that has been represented in the press the last thing he needs is an assload of painkillers.

cmon drew.switch to weed.

One of the saddest stories in MMA right now.

talk about rock bottom

Funny he used to post here all the time drunk out of his mind and the UG would totally glorify it.  Bummer to see how this kind of thing turns out..

The Messiah - This guy must have some horrible friends and not so caring family or maybe none at all if they keep letting him get destroyed for a paycheck and abusing alcohol.

Why hasn't anyone stepped in to have him get his shit together?

Are you going to pay his bills for him?

spg - Funny he used to post here all the time drunk out of his mind and the UG would totally glorify it.  Bummer to see how this kind of thing turns out..

Any examples?

Really sad story, got an Drew Fickett highlight favourited in my youtube, seems to be a really good guy i hope he has power enough to get up or that someone helps him up.

RECOVER DREW, I FUCKING SUPPORT YOU 100%!

spg - Funny he used to post here all the time drunk out of his mind and the UG would totally glorify it.  Bummer to see how this kind of thing turns out..

Yes its the UG's fault, not his own.... /sarcasm

Anyway i hope he can turn shit around, i will always be a huge fan because he derailed the koscheck lay and pray trane.

GaymidaGaydan - 

Yes its the UG's fault, not his own.... /sarcasm

Anyway i hope he can turn shit around, i will always be a huge fan because he derailed the koscheck lay and pray trane.
What are you talking about?  When did I imply it was anyone's fault but his own?

I'm saying that he's doing the same shit now that he always was doing, and the UG used to think he was "the fuckin' man" and now he's just sad and lame.