Update on Eilers murdered Trial

FightWatcher -  Clearly, second degree murder. 25 to life please. Thanks!

Read some of these for some more background on the case.....

More info on Eilers shooting

Court Update on Eilers shooting

Small update on Eilers murder trial......

Thanks Archangel!

Unless Justin had priors for violence against his family members then this is straight up murder. If I was shot for every time I got drunk and broke some shit at a family gathering I wouldn't have made it past my early twenties.

When you factor in ex-wives and children, that can be very emotional, especially at Christmas time with your family. I dont care how big and intimidating dude is, you dont put a 45 caliber round through a family members chest unless he is going to put one through yours.

DJStudd - "But defense attorney Gordon Petrie stressed the 30-year-old Eilers' size - 6 feet 2 inches and about 230 pounds - and prowess as a mixed martial arts fighter. Malec, who previously had gotten along well with his stepson, had never seen Eilers enraged before that night and was surprised and confused by the younger man's fury, he said."

Yeah I believe previous statements completely contradict these.

Herring In A Fur Coat -  Question for everyone who calls for Malec's lynching:

Would you feel the same way if the roles were reversed, and Justin Eilers was the one who shot and killed his drunken raging stepfather in a domestic dispute?

Would it make any difference to you if the killer was an MMA fighter and not the victim?
I would be more critical of Eiler's than Malec if that were the case.  

I have no idea what the laws are in that state, but where I'm from, you cannot carry your weapon when you're intoxicated, CCW or not.

From what I've read about this, Eilers was clearly out of line, but I've seen no mention that he even threatened Malec with physical violence, yet alone actually committed an assault. Being a drunken asshole isnt really enough reason to kill someone.

I would be shocked if Malec isnt convicted for this.

Honestly I don't even give a shit about what happens to the guy who did it. I just miss my friend and nothing is going to change that. No court case conviction, jury, or judge mean fuck all because their opinions, like ours, ain't gonna bring him back. That's the fucking shame here. If you never met the Ooh, then you missed out on one of "God's own prototypes." RIP.

It doesn't matter if he was an mma fighter to me,
The question is objectively, did he need to kill him?
From my taking of the facts the answer is no.
I wasn't there so I don't know.

It doesn't matter if he was smashing shit, it was only shit, even if it was his shit, his property. It doesn't fucking matter, he should have called the cops.
If Justin wouldn't leave his house, He should have called the cops.
It doesn't sound like justin was trying to burn the house down, or kill anyone, or destroy the actual house.

If justin had floored his mother, then his step father would have had grounds for pointing the gun and warned him. If he went for the stepfather, then maybe he would have grounds. MAYBE.

I feel justin didn't need to be killed. Maybe the actual facts are different, and if I knew them, it might have been different conclusion.
I apply the same logic to crack addicts as well as mma artists.

It sounds like Justin did not physically assault anyone, so it's going to be hard for the shooter to get off.  Yelling at someone, even if you're a pro-fighter, does not justify a shooting.  But like I said, I wasn't there.

Haole - man, that whole scenario is straight out of a white trash family dinner script

this... a ignorant gorilla guy and another with a gun, hard to come anything good out of it.

i can kinda have empathy for this guy, imagine you and your family being bullied by a much stronger/skilled/younger but stupid man, and you have a gun in your poket.
If anyone have been bullied or you had someone important for you bullied be it by a thief or whatever you know the feeling, guess its better to be unarmed when blood boils. Who knows, its a shitty situation anyway you see it and thats why you have to be careful of who you allow in your family or close circle.

This is absolutely ridiculous to debate over. Simple as can be the old man was a coward and shot a man who was having a really shitty xmas. Fighter, carpenter, plumber or whatever makes not a shit because it was not necessary to use even a fraction of the amount of force he resorted to. I hope to all that is good and holy this man is found guilty and rots forever as "Bubbas" bitch. As for me and mine we will remember him well. RIP Justin

The guy killed his stepson with a lethal deliberate shot on Christmas Eve in order to stop Justin from "hitting his wife". That's this fucker's story. He should rot in prison for the rest of his worthless life.

I don't see how it could have been justified but if you're an old man and a monster is coming after you, I don't think it's unreasonable to use the gun. However, it doesn't seem like Eilers was coming after him. Just yelling. It's probably all going to come down to what Justin's mother and wife say.

Regarding Eiler's history, he was convicted for violent crimes in the past.

K-Dub-"T" - 
nhbMIKE - i'm going to get a lot of hate for this because we all know if you fight in the ufc you instantly become a saint but i hope the guy gets found not guilty.
lol @ this troll.

You hope a cold blooded murderer gets found not guilty.

Did you hope the same for OJ as well?
VTFD

to be fair this crime obviously was not in cold blood

cold enough to make it wrong, IMO.

MJMarko - I have no idea what the laws are in that state, but where I'm from, you cannot carry your weapon when you're intoxicated, CCW or not.

From what I've read about this, Eilers was clearly out of line, but I've seen no mention that he even threatened Malec with physical violence, yet alone actually committed an assault. Being a drunken asshole isnt really enough reason to kill someone.

I would be shocked if Malec isnt convicted for this.

For what its worth:

If you read some on the other links I posted It was reported he did threaten Malec with a good ol fashion ass kickin...

On another note the guy deserves the benefit of the doubt. Crazier shit has happened and coming to the conclusion because he looks funny to ya or for any type of profiling for that matter that he is innocent or guilty is just stupid.

The jury will have to weigh the truth from fiction or right from wrong. We can speculate up until we know the full truth but that is all we can do.

Drawing a conclusion at this point is pretty narrow minded IMO. And for what its worth I felt the same way as many of you at the beginning and still do for the most part but the guy deserves a fair trial and no one really knows what happened but the people who were there and they all saw it from different perspectives....

i wasn't there so I can't really say who is right or wrong, but I would be pretty freaked out if a trained professional fighter is coming after me. He's whole body is considered a weapon.

maybe the step dad should have escalated the force just a little bit before going for the deadly force because that should be the last resort. I mean.. this guy is former MP, and carries a gun, that means he is pretty proficient at shooting targets why didn't he just defuse the situation by a warning shot and maybe tell him to leave, or shoot him in the leg? It's fucked up how he just went for the kill.

But then.. I wasn't there. So... who knows...

oh yea,

MMA fighter + Alcohol + GUN

bad combination of things at one location. Something was bound to happen...