Updated Chuck V Tito ppv card

Chuck Liddell vs. Tito Ortiz

Kenneth Bergh vs. Jorge Gonzalez

Gleison Tibau vs. Efrain Escudero

Walel Watson vs. Ricardo Palacios

Deron Winn vs. Tom Lawlor

Jay Silva vs. Oscar Cota

What do you guys think? Would you pay for this card?

still horrible. oscar isn't even trying.

Mr. Wright -

still horrible. oscar isn't even trying.

I'm going to have to agree with this.  Also it is a pro/am card! I'm sure the Ammys will benefit from fighting on this card and the unknown pros. But I doubt Tito and Chuck are exactly thrilled about such a lackluster supporting cast. 

Best PPV of the night. They need to sign Soraldo Babalu for a fight.  

Yeah, the card is weak, but let’s consider the fact that every famous fighter is probably already under contract with another organization. The pickings are pretty slim for any new promotion with enough money to make a big show. They would have to stack the card with relative nobodies. 

Vrill - 

Yeah, the card is weak, but let’s consider the fact that every famous fighter is probably already under contract with another organization. The pickings are pretty slim for any new promotion with enough money to make a big show. They would have to stack the card with relative nobodies. 

nonsense.

there are plenty of fighters not on contract with the UFC that could fight on this card. sure, i don't want to see Pedro Rizzo or Babalu take too many more shots to the dome, but get a couple killers like that on the card, feed them some cans and make the card exciting.

we all loved the Pride cards even though half the fights were usually bullshit. no reason the same can't be done on this card.

Vrill -

I agree. Would been cool if he offered Eddie a big one time payday to hop on the card.  I'm not real sure who else is out there.  

I can't spend money on that card, and chuck is my favorite fighter ever.... what a shame 

It's pretty strange. I'm going to happily pay $30 Saturday for bareknucklefc3 but I won't pay that price for Chuck and Tito.  The rest of the Chuck/Tito is lack luster and they need support.  I'm more intrigued with the "what ifs" of bare knuckle.  

Not gonna pay for it. That sucks. I was hoping that the card would at least be stacked with old shot fighters.  

If I were Oscar I would have tried to get some non fighter "celebrity" fights on the card.  Take a page out of the Logan Paul fight and build some curiosity based fights....there is no a single fight other than Tito and Chuck that sparks even a moment worth of "hmm...wonder what is going to happen in that fight?"

Is Renzo a free agent? I doubt he'd add a ton of buys,  but I'm a fan!

Are there any good free agents at this time? Or would they need to cross promote?

Unfortunately most people will probably watch it free online after the fact. People really don’t have an interest in watching two old fighters that should be retired LOL. It’s like watching an old stripper. Yeah you watch it because she’s a stripper, but you wouldn’t throw down the same money LOL

SuperMann -

Unfortunately most people will probably watch it free online after the fact. People really don’t have an interest in watching two old fighters that should be retired LOL. It’s like watching an old stripper. Yeah you watch it because she’s a stripper, but you wouldn’t throw down the same money LOL

Well said.  I agree.  It would've been cool of they could've got a good undercard and had a successful event.  If nothing else,  it's be a good send off for two legends of the sport. 

its like a tuf auditions prelim card

Horrible card, it's like Oscar didnt even try. My guess is Tito and Chuck took the deal with mainly PPV points being offered. Oscar had to pay everyone else out in cash (not PPV points) so he didnt spend any money. Little risk and a lot of upside for Oscar and Tito and Chuck get f'd over becuase this will be lucky to get 80,000 buys.

I don't know if Meltzer will ever get his "insider" estimate of PPV buys for this, so maybe we'll never hear anything other than Oscar saying it was a major success or whatever. At $50, I'd be surprised if it gets more than 100 to 150K buys.

Live gate might be decent, though. The card is at the Forum in LA.

Last year, Bellator 170 Ortiz vs. Sonnen was held there and, according to Wiki, they had 12,000 attendance with a live gate of $1.1 million. (The rest of the card was nearly as shit as Golden Boy's card.) It was one of Bellator's extremely rare 1 million+ live viewers broadcasts. Total disclosed fighter pay was $760,000, led by Tito's $300K (ha ha, Chael got $50K).

TOM GALLICHIO is fighting!!!

$2.99?

you can tell it’s put on by a boxing promoter. a one fight card.