upgrading P3 processor

I currently have a P3 1GHZ processor. Anyway i can upgrade the processor to something else on my motherboard?

I'm not too sure if this motherboard can take any other processor.

it would probably be easier and cheaper to just bite the bullet and buy a new motherboard, processor, and memory.

i have the same processor...

rob has just upgraded the correct.

There are many ways to do upgrades, even if you don't want to spend a lot.AMD Athlon XP 2000+, 266 FSB, 256K Cache Processor - Retail - $64REFURBISHED: ASUS A7V8X-X AMD Athlon/Athlon XP/Duron Socket A, Processor Mother Board - $39Crucial 184 Pin 256MB DDR PC-3200 - OEM - $61(The PC3200 is the same price as PC2100)Not the best computer, but it will smoke what you have now, plus it'll probably be compatable with the other things you have..modem, hard drives, etc. Motherboard has onboard sound and LAN. If your power supply can't handle it, you can pick up a 300W for pretty cheap..$20-30. With this configuration, in the future, you might want to pick up a second stick of memory. It will bump it up quite a bit.

Ok, please dont tell me i am screwed.

Is there no way to put a Celeron on the motherboard?
I think the motherboard only supports 133MHz FSB.

why would u want to downgrade?

Well if i can put on a Celeron processor above 1.5 Ghz I would consider that a upgrade.

We can't tell you anything without knowing exactly what kind of motherboard you have.