Upper body 1 shot

For time and convenience purposes I get in my upper body workout in one setting.. I can't remember but I heard the rule for doing this is to do the biggest muscles first and the smallest last. Here is the order for me

Biceps

Shoulders

Lats

Chest

Tri's

Traps

I do 2 sets of 2 different excercises for each muscle. If anyone can list a better way to tackle this it would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

I do 2 sets of 2 different excercises for each muscle. If anyone can list a better way to tackle this it would be greatly appreciated, thanx.

What are your goals and what lifts do you do for each bodypart listed?

My main goal is too lose some fat right now..which isn't hard for me and at the same time build alot of muscle. I need to lose about 20lbs of fat or so.. and I know it is almost impossible to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time

Don't forget your serratus, rhomboids, and octoceps.

Kane.. What is the serratus, and octoceps? Rhomboids atre the kinda shoulder blade muscles of the back correct?

I think he's joking :P

You can get a fairly complete upper body workout in two exercises by doing a compound upper body push and a compound upper body pull (eg Bench and Rows, or Military Press and Chins). Both the shoulder and the elbow should be bending in both of these lifts.

You can get a really complete upper body workout by doing two different compound pushes and two different pulls that use different joint angles (eg Bench, Row, Military Press, Chin)

You can add some isolation stuff after all of that if you feel like something is getting neglected or to bring up a weak point. I end most of my workouts with a few sets of curls and overhead tricep extensions.

-Gary

thanks Gary

Sure thing, hope it helps.

-Gary

I agree with Gary; good post.