Urijah Hall..his future?

He’s fighting the old lion Belfort this weekend and I’m sure will hand,e him roster easily but where does he go from there? Maybe put him against Masvidal? Part of me finds it hard to watch Hall fight because he has all f the gifts any fighter could hope for and the skills but rarely does he put it together during the fight…

Thoughts on Hall and his future? He’s 33 so time is ticking

Gifted athlete, but seems to not enjoy fighting. He gets extreme anxiety which is obvious in his performances. Should probably move on from fighting and be happier.

done

he said he wanted to quit in the middle of his last fight

nowaydo - done

But he did the complete opposite of quit in that fight. That was one of the biggest comebacks EVER

that said he does obviously have huge issues pulling the trigger in a lot of fights

Non N00B - 
nowaydo - done

But he did the complete opposite of quit in that fight. That was one of the biggest comebacks EVER

that said he does obviously have huge issues pulling the trigger in a lot of fights

yes, he talked about that.

He is so intelligent and articulate, as well as, genuine.

He's a talented fighter but he'll never reach his potential despite what he says in that video. He hasn't changed, he clearly still doesn't want to hurt people and sees a problem with that, even though he acknowledges everyone around him says it's ok deep down he still doesn't and ultimately he's the one who has to step into that cage and take the other guy's head off.

I think the KO on TUF really fucked with him, he knows the damage he can do and is afraid of doing it. He should just train and compete in pure BJJ or Judo or something, it might be too late for him to get to the top but at least he can put his all into every competition without pulling back for fear of his opponents safety.

Beelze - 

He's a talented fighter but he'll never reach his potential despite what he says in that video. He hasn't changed, he clearly still doesn't want to hurt people and sees a problem with that, even though he acknowledges everyone around him says it's ok deep down he still doesn't and ultimately he's the one who has to step into that cage and take the other guy's head off.

I think the KO on TUF really fucked with him, he knows the damage he can do and is afraid of doing it. He should just train and compete in pure BJJ or Judo or something, it might be too late for him to get to the top but at least he can put his all into every competition without pulling back for fear of his opponents safety.

100% agree

He’s a martial artist not a fighter

He's a gate keeper,a hall monitor.

I don't know who bought into his hype more, Hall or the fans.  He seemed to have incredible potential, but I'm not sure how much he has really progressed in the past 4 years since TUF.  6-6 in the UFC isn't great, then again he has certainly fought some good competition with some notable wins (and equally notable losses).  I just think his flashy kicks and higlight KOs led us to beleive (or want to beleive) that his ceiling could have been higher than it has proven to be.  

Dick Niaz -

I don't know who bought into his hype more, Hall or the fans.  He seemed to have incredible potential, but I'm not sure how much he has really progressed in the past 4 years since TUF.  6-6 in the UFC isn't great, then again he has certainly fought some good competition with some notable wins (and equally notable losses).  I just think his flashy kicks and higlight KOs led us to beleive (or want to beleive) that his ceiling could have been higher than it has proven to be.  

I disagree. Sometimes you can tell just watching him that when he’s on and when he’s not. He’s an accurate, versatile striker, and has an active bottom game. We’ve seen it before where he changed his demeanour between rounds. Consistency is, unfortunately, a good barometer for success. He could be a contender, so his hype is arguably justified, but likely won’t be. 

If if he doesn’t like hurting people, he’s probably not alone. Maia has said he prefers to submit someone so neither suffer injuries, and they can compete again soon. Obviously jiujitsu lends itself to that more than striking.

ipponssting -
Dick Niaz -

I disagree. Sometimes you can tell just watching him that when he’s on and when he’s not. He’s an accurate, versatile striker, and has an active bottom game. We’ve seen it before where he changed his demeanour between rounds. Consistency is, unfortunately, a good barometer for success. He could be a contender, so his hype is arguably justified, but likely won’t be. 

If if he doesn’t like hurting people, he’s probably not alone. Maia has said he prefers to submit someone so neither suffer injuries, and they can compete again soon. Obviously jiujitsu lends itself to that more than striking.

I don't know man.  You say "He could be a contender, so his hypse is arguably justified...," but the  proof is in the pudding and he is 6-6.  You could easily argue he had a great deal of potential that he never lived up to, and on that point we would agree.

Dick Niaz -
ipponssting -
Dick Niaz -

I don't know man.  You say "He could be a contender, so his hypse is arguably justified...," but the  proof is in the pudding and he is 6-6.  You could easily argue he had a great deal of potential that he never lived up to, and on that point we would agree.

Aye. Facts are facts I suppose. To be fair, the people he’s lost to over the years have all been either top tier fighters, or close decisions. 

BringBackGoldy - 

He's a gate keeper,a hall monitor.

He's a Jacob, not an Esau.

Rhys91 -

Donald ducked 

Cerrone doesnt duck anybody