US national debt just hit 18 trillion

http://www.businesskorea.co.kr/sites/default/files/field/image/national%20debt%20by%20country.gif Phone Post 3.0

attjack - 
BigEyedFish -
attjack - Deficit is declining. If we make some wise choices in regard the military we should be able to reverse course. Phone Post 3.0

no

the military isnt the problem per se

The fuck it isn't. Wake up, bro.

http://coxrare.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/bar-chart-defense-spending.jpg Phone Post 3.0

You're missing the point.
"Per se", if I may speak for him, isn't referring to the math of military spending, as much as the disease that runs the country.
Debt.

It will never "reverse", ever.

It will increase until the powers that be decide it's time for regime change, and the pendulum will swing, as it always has and will.
Rome didn't fall in a day.

The Major Causes of the Fall of the Roman Empire:

Antagonism between the Senate and the Emperor

Decline in Morals

Political Corruption and the Praetorian Guard

Fast expansion of the Empire

Constant Wars and Heavy Military Spending

Knowledge of Roman Military Tactics Used Against Them

Failing Economy

Unemployment of the Working Classes (The Plebs)

The ‘Mob’ mentality and the cost of the ‘Games’

Decline in Ethics and Values

Slave Labor

Natural Disasters

Secular Christianity

Barbarian Invasion

Sorry dude but you sound crazy as fuck. No offense. Phone Post 3.0

attjack - Sorry dude but you sound crazy as fuck. No offense. Phone Post 3.0

It's ok. I considered the source.

The source? You mean your paranoia? Why does the rest of the world still consider America a good investment? Were still the Juggernaut and going nowhere. Phone Post 3.0

Crazy. especially when you realize that a trillion is almost 50 millions. Phone Post 3.0

lol at some people, some decrease in a huge deficit is like saying someone put sugar on the shit. Even with a balanced budget (no such thing) the debt would be increasing faster and faster.The only way to stop this train wreck is to balance the budget and start to apply real money towards the debt.

I can totally fix the budget. Phone Post 3.0

Im sorry to say it but America as we know it is FUCKED.

Maybe if you ask nicely Bibi will return the $$$BN you have given Israel over the years ?

pcuzz - lol at some people, some decrease in a huge deficit is like saying someone put sugar on the shit. Even with a balanced budget (no such thing) the debt would be increasing faster and faster.The only way to stop this train wreck is to balance the budget and start to apply real money towards the debt.
That's not even enough. The unfunded liabilities coming down the pipeline will make keeping the deficit down impossible, much less curbing the cost of the debt we already have running.

Cuts to military spending are necessary, but still won't be enough. Phone Post 3.0

CavemanDave -
pcuzz - lol at some people, some decrease in a huge deficit is like saying someone put sugar on the shit. Even with a balanced budget (no such thing) the debt would be increasing faster and faster.The only way to stop this train wreck is to balance the budget and start to apply real money towards the debt.
That's not even enough. The unfunded liabilities coming down the pipeline will make keeping the deficit down impossible, much less curbing the cost of the debt we already have running.

Cuts to military spending are necessary, but still won't be enough. Phone Post 3.0
This Phone Post 3.0

LitUp - Only would be 17 if Burns didn't lose that 1 to Castro...

http://cdn.static.ovimg.com/episode/55650.jpg Phone Post 3.0
"What trillion dollar bill?"

-castro Phone Post 3.0

Lucky money has no real meaning. Its just bits of paper/electrons. It was never real.

In practical terms though will have to tell the Chinese very sorry but go fuck yourselves at some point. They will be grumpy for a while but eventually have to get over it.

MrFluffyHippo - Crazy. especially when you realize that a trillion is almost 50 millions. Phone Post 3.0
Maybe I'm missing something cuz you've always struck me as being a pretty intelligent poster, but 1,000,000,000,000 is actually 1,000,000•1,000,000 Phone Post 3.0

Wait I thought trillion was 3 million? Like a billion is two million? Is the US more in debt than I thought? Shit!

Actually that would be the quickest way to fix the debt problem, re-define billions and trillions. They were always a bit confusing at best. And in the end it is all just bullshit. Since the end of the gold standard dollars and pounds have no more substance than bit coins.

1 trillion equals 1,000 billions you yaks. So we are talking about 18,000 billions. Phone Post 3.0

sparkurl thanks, that is what I meant.  

The US economy is a consumption based economy.  Setting aside for a minute the rampant corruption in politics where every major candidate is in the pockets of the lobby and therefore will never make the hard policy decisions domestically (cracking down on welfare, curbing spending significantly...) because they arent politically expedient...the economy does not produce much.  Other nations will import steel and export steel products. The US imports tons of finished goods.  Add to this the huge debt load, unfunded liabilities (maybe the scariest thing of them all because they are never counted in deficit numbers), and what 91 million people on some sort of welfare, and you have a nation in rapid decline.  

Just because its happening slowly doesnt mean it isnt happening.  

Im awake.  You should join me.  

Stop voting red team blue team for starters. 

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Debt Phone Post 3.0

BigEyedFish -

sparkurl thanks, that is what I meant.  

The US economy is a consumption based economy.  Setting aside for a minute the rampant corruption in politics where every major candidate is in the pockets of the lobby and therefore will never make the hard policy decisions domestically (cracking down on welfare, curbing spending significantly...) because they arent politically expedient...the economy does not produce much.  Other nations will import steel and export steel products. The US imports tons of finished goods.  Add to this the huge debt load, unfunded liabilities (maybe the scariest thing of them all because they are never counted in deficit numbers), and what 91 million people on some sort of welfare, and you have a nation in rapid decline.  

Just because its happening slowly doesnt mean it isnt happening.  

Im awake.  You should join me.  

Stop voting red team blue team for starters. 

The US is much less corrupt than the vast majority of other countries around the world, FYI.

Mark Phone Post 3.0