MMA Underground Forums

US Soldier H Worsham set to make Strikeforce debut

Great, great story about a really nice guy. Plus Tank Abbott once tried to throw his dad out of the Octagon... lol

----

Hunter Worsham's life is one dedicated to service. Not just to his country, which Worsham serves as an infantryman in the 101st Airborne Division of the U.S. Army, but to his family as well.

"We're fighting for two different reasons," said Worsham (5-1), who takes on Zach Underwood (5-2) in a middleweight bout on the undercard of Strikeforce's second event broadcast on CBS.

"I feel like Zach fights because he wants to fight and likes to fight. As for me, I'm not a fan of being punched in the face. I fight because I have to. I have a 16-month old child and a wife and they live in California (while Worsham is stationed at Fort Campbell, Ky.).

Strikeforce: "Nashville" takes place this Saturday night at the Bridgestone Arena in Nashville, TN. 

"Privates in the Army don't make much money and I have to send money home to my wife and child. I look at this fight this way. If I lose, that's less money for me and my family." continues Worsham. "It's like he's taking the shirt off my back and that's not happening. If Jake Shields or Dan Henderson were standing across the cage from me, I'd be thinking the same thing.

----

Full story here

Cal Worsham jr!

lol yup thats him