USA Basketball

All sorts of withdrawals before World Cup end of August but going into final training camp the depth chart is still crazy

Drummond/Cousins
Davis/Faried
Durant/George/Parsons/Hayward
Harden/Curry/Beal/Thompson/Derozan/Korver
Rose/Irving/Lillard/Wall

Pretty young at the bigs but Id still take those 4 all day. They got some tough choices at the guard spots

The "Select" team that will practice against these guys July 28-31

Plumlee/Plumlee/Zeller
Harris/Draymond
Barnes/Butler/McD
Oladipo/Waiters
Burke/Smart

America quit producing bigs

they will lose. Not enough talented size. And I don't like the PG's. None of them can play without the ball, or play half court D.

Coach K knows it, and has already said he plans on pressing running. Pressing the bad teams is a great idea. Pressing the good ones is a horrible idea. And no chance they have any sort of half court offense.

Haha I doubt Spain can deal with the US wings

Im really looking forward to watching Gasols against Davis/Drummond/Cousins, I wonder if Ibaka will get to see the floor this time.

You rip the US point guards but do you think Calderon or Rubio is keeping any of them out the paint?

There really doesnt seem to be any other countries that look like a threat. But will have to wait for the tournament

Well, getting in the paint in intl ball isn't as big as getting into the paint into the NBA for a couple of reasons.

1, they can play true zone defense in intl ball, unlike the NBA.

2, they are less likely to call fouls when the offensive player initiates contact. In fact, they will often times call charges. It's reffed a lot more like college.

I'm curious to see which shooters Coach K keeps on the team. If the USA wins, it will be because they shot the 3 well.

Ya they got some tough choices for who will make the 12

The locks right now are probably

Davis/Drummond/Cousins
Durant
George
Harden
Irving/Curry/Rose

Leaving 3 spots for Parsons/Millsap/Faried/Beal/Thompson/Wall

Getting into the paint isnt as crucial as NBA, but if the US guards get Marc Gasol in foul trouble the games a wrap

The rumor out there is that Mason Plumlee might make it over Cousins, which would look pretty bad on Coach K and possibly Cousins

Well, Cousins is a scorer, not a defender. USA needs rim protection more than scoring. Mason is probably the better option.

Also, Coach K has already said he wants to play up tempo. Again, this suits Plumlee's athleticism far better than Cousin's halfcourt style.

dangerboy12 - they will lose. Not enough talented size. And I don't like the PG's. None of them can play without the ball, or play half court D.

Coach K knows it, and has already said he plans on pressing running. Pressing the bad teams is a great idea. Pressing the good ones is a horrible idea. And no chance they have any sort of half court offense.

Uh, good prediction there dangerboy12.

yeah I know lol.

In my defense, they didn't have to play either of the teams with good big men, who I just assumed would advance.

Canadas coming for them 2016 Olympics!

Thompson/Sacre
Olynyk/Bennett
Wiggins/Ejim
Stauskas/Rautins/Heslip
Joseph/Ennis/Nash?

Really nobody is touching Durant and co

But Canada may be second in world in NBA players now?

Be interesting how this core gels in qualifying this summer

Canada Olympics qualifying roster should look something like

Olynyk/Sacre
Nicholson/Bennett/Powell
Wiggins
Stauskas
Joseph/Ennis

With last 3 spots between Murray, Brooks, Heslip, Doornekamp and possibly Thompson if gets his contract done