USA vs Whitey Bulger documentary

I watched this last night and although it was interesting I didn't really get the point of it. They were pushing the question of whether or not bulger was actually an informant but it was mostly based on his denial to his defense team. At one point his lawyer calls whitey in jail and asks if he was ever an informant and whitey says 'no, never' and the lawyer is sat there with this 'told you so' expression on his face.

The other defense was that bulgers name was just added to reports along side actual sources, and bulger never gave up the information, flemmi and others did. It's been awhile since I read black mass but I thought it was already established that connoly and Morris were exaggerating his usefulness to keep him in the informant program.

I didn't understand their claim that bulger didn't know flemmi was an informant either while being at several meetings with him and the handlers. It just seemed like a collection of claims from bulger that didn't seem worth going into, he has zero credibility and every reason to lie

Morris getting immunity is a joke, he should be in jail with connoly Phone Post 3.0

Yeah I thought they were looking for a story that wasn't there. At the same time though I guess they gave both sides a fair hearing.

That case seemed like a total cluster fuck, kevin weeks gets 5 years and martorano got 12 for 20 murders

Fitzpatrick seemed like he was either a compulsive liar or unhinged Phone Post 3.0

banco - Yeah I thought they were looking for a story that wasn't there. At the same time though I guess they gave both sides a fair hearing.
Definitely felt like a stretch Phone Post 3.0

They kind of missed the real story anyway IMHO. If you follow the boston press it's pretty clear that a lot more people in the FBI at a minimum were complicit in want went on with Bulger and the Feds kept the number of FBI guys they actually investigated to a minimum ("couple of bad apples").

I know that was considered the reason that Morris got an immunity deal, because they were worried he'd roll on an entire department instead of just connolly

Connolly was undoubtedly a piece of shit but definitely seems like the scape goat Phone Post 3.0