USADA Loophole with "chosen" athletes exempt

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/12/11/16740288/ufc-usada-loophole-secret-exemptions-from-drug-testing-peds-steroids

Dana White recently claimed that Ronda Rousey isn’t retired, and that “USADA is still popping up at her house testing her, but she refuses to retire.” USADA maintains a database of all tests conducted, but according to this database, Rousey hasn’t been tested at all in 2017.

Rousey was last tested in the fourth quarter of 2016 according to the list. Her last fight was a losing effort to Amanda Nunes at UFC 207 on December 30th, 2016.

Since it’s theoretically possible that Rousey has been in the registered testing pool (RTP) this entire time, but hasn’t been tested, I decided to try to find out exactly what was happening. During that process, I discovered something disconcerting:

There is a loophole in the UFC’s anti-doping policy that allows them to secretly exempt athletes from testing if they so choose.

Exemptions and secrecy

Under the WADA code, athletes returning from retirement have to undergo testing for six months. WADA may give a waiver after consulting the relevant national anti-doping organization and sport federation. Under the UFC’s anti-doping policy, the UFC gives the waiver. I wrote about that here.

That wouldn’t be a big deal if we knew which athletes had retired. If an athlete suspiciously retired and un-retired, skipping the testing pool whenever they didn’t have a fight, we would notice, right? Wrong.

I`m not clicking on that shit,but I`m going to say that Brock Lesnar probably falls under this.

crowbar -

I`m not clicking on that shit,but I`m going to say that Brock Lesnar probably falls under this.

I like my Brock Lesnars juiced to the gills
crowbar - 

Not sure why you’re skeptical on clicking a bloodyelbow article link, but Brock Lesnar is mentioned a good part in that article.

This happened with Floyd on two tests and the IV thing later on. No one brings it up though. One of the most respected sports journalists of all time exposed all this 4 years ago.

D241 - 
crowbar - 

<span class="User-285165" id="userPost61412844">Not sure why you're skeptical on clicking a bloodyelbow article link, but Brock Lesnar is mentioned a good part in that article.</span></blockquote>

I`m not skeptical nor lazy.I have a more than passionate hatred for advertising & links.

UFC is paying USADA millions, they got a tailor made anti-doping policy.

Generally 

Standard

Practice 

IMO 

Faber is being tested by USADA, although he stated his is retired.

Loop holes at the USADA UFC program which essentially provide a back door for fighters to avoid testing. Many have asked on this site how the girls in particular are passing and despite looking like Hewomen. There’s a thread floating around right now asking in the title, How do UFC fighters pass USADA? I ask myself too, how are these guys beating the tests?

On the flip side, how did Jon Jones ever manage to fail? Is he the dumbest human walking around upright? He’s managed to fail twice. Or perhaps they’re not giving him the access to the back door. Perhaps he’s on the outs and he has to chance it when he cheats. But what about others who as the article states can essentially juice with impunity and then simply cycle off for their fights?

Most of you know I’m not opposed to PED’s in the UFC. Certainly not the UFC. Especially not in the UFC. I am against failing the tests. But if you can pass, juice till your heart is content. But when they put up a program that restricts some but encourages others, that’s an unfair system.

6 months waiver still equals the person getting tested as soon as they announce the fight. So it’s not like they are juiced to the gills during the fight. But yes it would make it safe for them to hit a cycle in the offseason. Hence why Brock failed for pct drug in his last fight 

Get A Grip Dude -

This is old news, it's why Brock was able to fight at UFC 200 rather than have to wait until fall.

The 6-month exemption is not what OP is pointing out.

Get A Grip Dude - This is what we know. What about what we don’t know? Keep in mind we didn’t know any of this. UFC is notoriously non transparent and we occasionally find out after the fact of things they did to influence competition. Belfort allowed to juice out of his mind and they know his levels were too high, still allowed him to fight Again, these are the things we know.

UFC presents it like they want to have a clean promotion and they want to drive out the cheaters. What they did with Mark Hunt by exempting Brock, then telling Hunt “They’re testing the shit out of him”, only to find out yes they began testing him late and results wont be in until after the fight, it was criminal. And rightfully Hunt is suing them all.

crowbar - 
D241 - 
crowbar - 

<span class="User-285165" id="userPost61412844">Not sure why you're skeptical on clicking a bloodyelbow article link, but Brock Lesnar is mentioned a good part in that article.</span></blockquote>

I`m not skeptical nor lazy.I have a more than passionate hatred for advertising & links.

advertising? It’s not an advertisement it’s bloodyelbow.com, a longtime mma website with news and articles only covering mma. The time it’s taking you to make these replies you could’ve clicked the link and read the entire article.

LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye - This happened with Floyd on two tests and the IV thing later on. No one brings it up though. One of the most respected sports journalists of all time exposed all this 4 years ago.

if youre talking about mayweather thats for shots in his hands for pain, not performance enhancing drugs correct?

TheThrill - 
LawlerPushedInMyBrownEye - This happened with Floyd on two tests and the IV thing later on. No one brings it up though. One of the most respected sports journalists of all time exposed all this 4 years ago.

if youre talking about mayweather thats for shots in his hands for pain, not performance enhancing drugs correct?

There’s talk about Floyd and PED’s. Something about some tests that he paid to have suppressed and kept out of the public. The shots to the hands should absolutely not be allowed for pain. No pain management should be allowed.

“Floyd has three alleged positive tests (according to Thomas Hauser) and refused to show them despite requests via subpeona from Pacquiao’s lawyers during the defamation suit. Instead of revealing the secret tests, Floyd suddenly settled the suit and paid Pac a monetary settlement “for far more than was expected.” Floyd also apologized to Pacquiao publicly by a statement.”

http://boxrec.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=188048

“A mysterious IV injection received by Floyd Mayweather Jr. the day before his megabout victory over Manny Pacquiao in May has raised questions about the controversial boxing superstar’s body chemistry and a conceivably cozy relationship with the drug-screening agency he employs.”

"Manny Pacquiao adviser Michael Koncz told ESPN.com on Thursday that Floyd Mayweather Jr. has declined to agree to terms for a penalty that would cost either man $5 million in the event of a failed drug test before or after their May 2 megafight at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. “Today we were informed that Mayweather turned down the request,” Koncz said. “Manny had requested that there would be a reciprocal fine of $5 million for a failed drug test.”

In

I get all my legitimate news from a source that has both bloody and elbow in its name