USADA: taking it too far

An Old Shoe - How does usada know if someone used iv? Phone Post 3.0

I think there are preservatives that can be identified from the actual plastic they are contained in, if I recall.

ocbadapple -
RosieODonnellsQueef - Did Tila Tequila ever need an IV? Phone Post 3.0
After me. Yep. Haha Phone Post 3.0
IV = intra-vaginal hydration in Apple Valley Phone Post 3.0

This news screwed up my day Phone Post 3.0

That's bullshit. Right on par for suspending people for weed Phone Post 3.0

ocbadapple - This news screwed up my day Phone Post 3.0
You ain't the only one. So pissed.

If Andy never pops, we never hear about USADA in the UFC. Phone Post 3.0

Clear from what I'm reading that BJ used IV outside the scope of legitimate medical use. Phone Post 3.0

It's all mysterious to me.

Was it at all common for MMA fighters in the past to use IVs outside of competition?

That's bullshit. Fighters should be able to do what they want. It's entertainment. Phone Post 3.0

ocbadapple - How can they say you can't ever have an IV? Such nonsense. What if you're sick, and you're extremely dehydrated months away from a fight?
I'm all for a clean sport, but fuck off USADA Phone Post 3.0

it was BJ who declared the IV, not smart. if you are sick and need an IV, the hospital is the way to go, no TUE needed.

I bought tickets to UFC 199, and I was disappointed when Weidman pulled out, now I'm crushed that BJ is out. Return of the Prodigy was my favorite fight on the card. Phone Post 3.0

Never_rolled - 
Tulsagasser - That's bullshit. Fighters should be able to do what they want. It's entertainment. Phone Post 3.0
Probably about 50% of the fans would agree with you and the other half wanted to end PED's. It goes to show you aren't going to please everyone.

As a fan if a fighter is willing to get into a cage with another fighter knowing he is on PED's I am happy to watch that fight. Phone Post 3.0

I'm all for PED's being legal in all sports, including MMA. It greatly improves the product.

I'm also for following the rules and adhering to fair play, thus I say bust them all, and make the punishment severe.

I'm a Penn fan and I'm disappointed he's off the card, but fair is fair. He broke the rules and he deserves his punishment. The thing that sucks is the double standards, where others fail and have their failures covered up.

pennviachoke -
ocbadapple - It was months ago. Fuck USADA Phone Post 3.0
Vtfu Phone Post 3.0
VTFU dawgz Phone Post 3.0

ocbadapple - How can they say you can't ever have an IV? Such nonsense. What if you're sick, and you're extremely dehydrated months away from a fight?
I'm all for a clean sport, but fuck off USADA Phone Post 3.0

agree

No IV after the weigh in to rehydrate I get. No IV ever is overstepping and stupid. Phone Post 3.0

Walter The Iceman White - If he doesn't even try to get a TUE retroactively then what does that say about the IV use? I hope he can get it cleared up and fight. I would like to see how he fairs against an opponent not in the top 10. Phone Post 3.0

Exactly. No one is using an IV at home when they get a cold. Why would he even have an IV?

If he went to a doctor he would have paperwork and would have been able to get a retroactive TUE.

blackhundred -
An Old Shoe - How does usada know if someone used iv? Phone Post 3.0

I think there are preservatives that can be identified from the actual plastic they are contained in, if I recall.
That is correct, there are ways around this but most people don't take the extra precaution. I'll always be a BJ Penn fan but ignorance of the law is not an excuse to break it. Do I think IV use prior to a fight is BS? Absolutely, but you can't blame usada. They have it all in fine print what you can and can not do. I'm also thinking if he reported the use of an iv he knew that he wouldn't be able to mask the use and that's why he reported it, not because he didn't know about it. I also feel that this has something to do with upcoming investigation. Which I feel will be squashed pretty easily. The UFC doesn't want the bad press. Penn gets a "suspension" for 6 months and by that time the investigation is over with. Everything returns to normal life as we know it. Phone Post 3.0

Is he blood doping? Storing plasma? Phone Post 3.0

ocbadapple -
RosieODonnellsQueef - Did Tila Tequila ever need an IV? Phone Post 3.0
After me. Yep. Haha Phone Post 3.0
Hows the herpes? Phone Post 3.0

heatmeiser - Clear from what I'm reading that BJ used IV outside the scope of legitimate medical use. Phone Post 3.0
Main lining beer and hotdogs. Phone Post 3.0

Rumbleeee - 

Waiting for the story about you hanging out and partying with the guy who invented IVs. 

lol <3