Usher to play Ray Leonard in movie

Apparently the movie is about Roberto Duran. I'm not sure who is playing Manos de piedra. Thoughts?

http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/usher-to-play-sugar-ray-jones-in-upcoming-boxing-film-news.5563.html

should b interesting, raging bull, cinderella man, that mickey ward movie were all outstanding films. this could really be a good movie

Hope they do Duran justice.

I think Usher has been boxing for awhile now so he should be able to handle that aspect. Don't think I have ever seen him act though?

Wasn't he in the Faculty?

So he did. I don't remember him in it

I saw him in a couple things and he was stiff. Hill Harper would have been a better choice. Favors a young Leonard and an accomplished actor Phone Post 3.0

The guy that was in that found footage superhero movie recently would be great as Leonard - or the guy that was Smash in Friday Night Lights

Don't know how I feel about Usher playing such a big personality like Leonard. He's always felt a bit flat in his movies.

I really like the casting of Edgar Ramirez of Duran though, that guys fantastic. Hopefully he can be convincing in the ring though, as Duran had such an unmatched ferocity.

LordSeano - The guy that was in that found footage superhero movie recently would be great as Leonard - or the guy that was Smash in Friday Night Lights
He's in a new movie called fruitvale. The early talk is Oscar worthy Phone Post 3.0