USJA Nationals

Was a lot of fun being in conjuction with the Arnold Classic. Much better run this year...and finsihed before the 3:00 intermission. 2 mats were goin at once with one for a warm up area. There were about 143 registered total(inlcuding kata). Some divisions were stacked others were thin. Over all it was a decent event and should continue to grow , I know my club will support it for years to come if it keeps up this way.

Chris

Ps. Very proud of all my guys, everyone did well, inlcuding Wally who did San shou.

Team Empire!!

Edit.... thanks to the mod the deleted the other post.

Congrats also to Chzog who took the gold and the USJA National Championship.

Congrats Chris! Some of us were geared to go and then a bunch of shit hit the proverbial fan and had to cancel. Next year.

Thanks Osae...it was alot of fun. especially with the San shou ring about 30-40 feet away from the tatame we were fighting on. Was cool they even let some of the matches go longer on the mat. Some huge slams that day too. My boy launched a standing kata-gururma that shock the entire arena and left both guys bleadin(tori got a cut on forhead casue when uke bounced they smacked domes.) He looked tough as hell standin back at the line with blood running down his face while the other dude was still in lala land on the mat with the medics all around. The not only turned out ok he went back to win his other division he was in. I swear judoka are the toughest SOB's around!!

"He looked tough as hell standin back at the line with blood running down his face while the other dude was still in lala land on the mat with the medics all around."

Yea, it felt real good too!!!!! -- Again, thanks Chris for the Coaching and the Bandages. lol

No prob, my pleasure....we still have to trade copies of those tape...I've got your kata-guruma at a great angle =).

yea for sure, I already cut your osoto/hari clip...Nice.

Might these clips find there way to the web? I'm always up for seeing good judo...

Go Duke

Baamm, I try working on the video this week. I'm busy this weekend... Wally has a fight tonight (saturday) in Olcott, near Buffalo. Its a boxing match, but alot of the guys from he's coaches club will be fighting and thier all very exciting to watch. BTW Wally's teahin outta Flex now too. His classes are Thursday's 7:30-9:00 and sat(after judo/sambo) 3:15-4:30. And Sundays we do san-shou training from 12noon-2pm and we split the teaching.

BTW you misse a good night after the arnolds...when i tried to call you i realized i didn't have your cell number, just your home number =(.

Chris, my computor crashed and I couldnt save my email lists before I threw it out the window. I cant get to your site to get yours so send it to me. I need to send the ol' lady over to empire for the Boxing and Buzz wants some San Shou. Since you guys are in the same place now right up the street - that will work. I finally overstayed my welcome at BK and need to find a good price on 6x12 folding mats. Any ideas? tiffin wants $300 per.

chzog@rochester.rr.com

Could someone post the results?