Usman striking clinic

Good breakdown.

8 Likes

That was well done.

1 Like

Colby was eating that for 5rounds, and the baptizer had one and was done

1 Like

And it’s greatly improved since going to Trevor Whittman.

I made a statement in another thread that IMO he has some of the best boxing in MMA. Of course there’s always a guy with better boxing from his sofa who thinks his is better.

Nicely done. Should be helpful in educating a few.

2 Likes

I am pulling for Usman in the rematch and I think that his striking skills have obviously improved, but I don’t think that is the video that you want to use when trying to argue in support of Usman having good striking skills. There is not a trainer alive who would teach someone to duck a punch like that and the striking technique displayed by both Usman and Cody in that video is absolutely horrible (Cody is holding his hands down by his waist and throwing punches with a complete absence of technique and Usman leans way over his lead foot and doesn’t ever pivot onto his lead foot when throwing his left hook or sit down on any of his punches or rotate at the waist and reaches way back when throwing a right uppercut.

4 Likes

He’s striking is pretty good . What makes it look so good is the fact that his opponents have the takedown threat in the back of their minds . Having to worry about that all the time causes them to a spilt second behind on their striking defense .

1 Like

very nice. when i was watching that fight, it was like watching two of the most equal fighters on the planet. only one had a SLIGHT edge. in size, maybe in skill as well. but only so slight. but even that slight edge showed in the end. what an epic fight that was between two guys at the absolute top skill level of the sport. but everyone on here just wants to make it about race, so sad jaja…

3 Likes

The first fight was 2-2 going into the 5th.

I think Usman wins 7/10 but these two guys were made for each other and I’d watch them fight every weekend.

3 Likes

I hate Colby but he did make a great decision going to mma masters camp because they focus on kicks there. IMO Colby has good kicks but he doesn’t target well at all. If he tightens up those kicks he’s going to start knocking ppl out soon.

1 Like