Usman sucked the joy out of a great event

D241 -

It pains me to say this, but the issues is more with the ruleset than it is with Usman. 

The rules, allow for a "fighter" to negate the fight aspects of a fight, if they are good enough to clinch, hold them in the clinch, and/or take them down and hold them down. 

That is within the rules, but do we fight fans consider that fighting, or stalling? 

It's delaying the fight.  There will be times when you clinch up, whether standing or on the ground, but those moments of no activity should not last long.  There will be battles of position, but 1 of 2 things needs to happen.

Position needs to be established.  If not, referee's should at the very least, be more vocal in warning fighters he's about to separate.  If a fighter has underhooks and isn't doing anything, that fighter will more than likely have incentive to use his underhooks to move to a better position. 

If you get position, then start mounting an offense. If you are in side control, your mission is no longer to keep him there, your mission is to fight.  Strike, and/or go for the submission.  Holding someone down, while that might be effective, it's more holding than it is fighting. 

Another issue is that the best weapons a wrestler could use to finish fights quickly, headbutts and knees to a downed opponent, are not allowed. It's really nonsense to call it Ultimate Fighting and then forbid the most dominant martial art in the world to finish fights easily despite constantly being in perfect position to do so.

1 Like
God Of Thunder - 

He won me money so I love him for that. I can’t imagine anyone picking against him 

Congrats.

Your bet paid off :slight_smile:

I’m not a huge fan of game planning victories that arnt too exciting, but what do you expect Marty to do? I think in his eyes it’s win first, entertain second. Ideally we would get both, but when you are fighting someone as dangerous as Jorge (or anyone at this elite level) you gotta do what is necessary to win when you are champ. I didn’t like it when GSP did it either, but I understand it. At the end of the day, the best way to end that is for someone to be good enough to beat it. 

1 Like

Usman is Woodley 2.0.  A better fighter than Woodley but same mindset.

The fact is he is the best WW currently, but will never be a draw and he will NEVER get the money he thinks he deserves.  

He doesn't understand the business aspect of the sport OR doesn't care.

3 Likes

This is MMA and wrestling plays a huge part...but don't act tough and talk tough and then fight like a bitch

1 Like

Boring fight 

woodly 2.0 is the perfect example 

fought safe 

2 Likes
Nytron -

No, Masvidal sucked the joy out of the event. There was moments in the champ rounds where both fighters were standing and Mas did less than Usman did on the feet.

Cry more noobs. Usman's fight prior to this one was more exciting than any of GSP's fights after 2006.5. One of the most exciting WW fights in history. He gets a pass.

6 days notice, Usman did his best against a formible opponent. Landed power shots all night to the body.

Usman is a phenominal fuckin MMA fighter, who actually has power and can finish people.

Great fuckin fight!

Fuuuuuck you.  You're a shit poster on both sides of this site.  

"Cry more noobs"?   What a fucking insufferable clown twat you are. 

4 Likes
D241 - 

It pains me to say this, but the issues is more with the ruleset than it is with Usman. 

The rules, allow for a "fighter" to negate the fight aspects of a fight, if they are good enough to clinch, hold them in the clinch, and/or take them down and hold them down. 

That is within the rules, but do we fight fans consider that fighting, or stalling? 

It's delaying the fight.  There will be times when you clinch up, whether standing or on the ground, but those moments of no activity should not last long.  There will be battles of position, but 1 of 2 things needs to happen.

Position needs to be established.  If not, referee's should at the very least, be more vocal in warning fighters he's about to separate.  If a fighter has underhooks and isn't doing anything, that fighter will more than likely have incentive to use his underhooks to move to a better position. 

If you get position, then start mounting an offense. If you are in side control, your mission is no longer to keep him there, your mission is to fight.  Strike, and/or go for the submission.  Holding someone down, while that might be effective, it's more holding than it is fighting. 

I like this!

Fighters know how much time they got too, and they’re on PPV fighting time!

The referee killed the fight. Foot stomps are not meaningful action

4 Likes
MasterofMartialArts - 
Nytron -

No, Masvidal sucked the joy out of the event. There was moments in the champ rounds where both fighters were standing and Mas did less than Usman did on the feet.

Cry more noobs. Usman's fight prior to this one was more exciting than any of GSP's fights after 2006.5. One of the most exciting WW fights in history. He gets a pass.

6 days notice, Usman did his best against a formible opponent. Landed power shots all night to the body.

Usman is a phenominal fuckin MMA fighter, who actually has power and can finish people.

Great fuckin fight!

None of Usman’s fights have ever been more exciting than a GSP fight with the exception of Usman vs Colby. GSP at least passed guard. He landed elbows and punches. He was/is a martial artist and showed a complete game. 

Also come up with something other than “cry more noobs”

Undeniably true.

Usman is good. But, he is Jake Shields level boring.

1 Like

Usman is gonna do what he needs to win. It’s up to his opponent to stop him from making it boring. Look at the Colby fight. Colby had the skills to keep it standing the entire fight. Street Jesus did not.

1 Like
Nytron -

Great fuckin fight!

It wasn’t a great fight just because your guy won lol. All the other stuff I can concede or whatever, but don’t call that a great fight when by no metric at all can it be considered even good, much less “great”.  He took the easiest path to victory which is his right to do obviously, but it’s wasn’t a great fight lmao 

1 Like

Kamaru “The Nigerian Foot Stomper” Usman

4 Likes
Nytron - 
MarcusAurelioFan -
Nytron -

Great fuckin fight!

Nytron. Nobody said GSP was one of the most exciting fighters. That's a straw man argument. Most of his fights were boring as fuck after Serra cloberred him.

That's a fair point.

Many people don't like GSP.

Those same people will never like Kamaru either then I suppose. No use in trying to convince them otherwise. This sport has far too many toxic fans as it is, no incentive to convert them.

GSP tended to do damage to his opponents even if folks found it ‘boring’. I don’t Usman did much damage to Maz yesterday, except for maybe his feet.

1 Like

Meh. Usman didn't want to fight for real. He played it safe, leaned and foot stomped his way to a boring decision. He wonders why no one gives a shit a bout him or watching his fights. Him vs Burns will do like 10 ppv buys.

2 Likes

OP, agreed. 

I thought the fight was going to be stopped at any moment with those viscious foot stomps. #embarassing#pleasebanthem

1 Like
Nytron -

Great fuckin fight!

You already know this, but let me remind you. You're a complete fucking disgrace you faggot. 

2 Likes

Hes Boring

He's gonna ruin the sport